New Lawson for Fashion helps speed product time-to-market
Lawson Software introduced Lawson for Fashion, a comprehensive enterprise software system for fashion companies, including brand owners and manufacturers of apparel and accessories as well as private brand retailers. Lawson for Fashion, which is generally available, helps fashion companies improve profits, combat chargebacks and accelerate product time-to-market, while helping reduce software implementation time. It is built on the latest version of the Lawson M3 Enterprise Management System, Lawson M3 10.1, which was also announced.
Lawson for Fashion marks the latest industry-specific enterprise software system based on the Lawson M3 system. It combines core enterprise business software with industry-specific applications, such as Lawson Fashion PLM and Assortment Replenishment Planner. It also includes Analytics for Fashion, a pre-configured Business Intelligence solution with KPIs and scorecards specific to the fashion industry. Analytics for Fashion helps companies track and measure key operational data, which helps foster better, faster decision making.
Lawson for Fashion also offers the Lawson Value Management tools, which help companies identify and quantify, in advance, potential business process improvements and helps prioritize improvement opportunities within their business.
Lawson for Fashion is derived from the company's in-depth expertise in the fashion industry, using proven industry processes and the company's experience from hundreds of implementations. This helps fashion companies gain greater control over their margins, products and relationships throughout the supply chain.
Lawson for Fashion includes many application enhancements:
• Assortment & Replenishment Planner, which helps companies manage assortment planning, buy plans and inventory push all the way to eventual product phase out.
• Lawson Analytics for Fashion, which provides business intelligence without having to develop analytic tools in-house. The solution combines 80 pre-configured key-performance indicators (KPIs) with 90 built-in industry-specific scorecard templates and helps companies make better, faster decisions.
• New package management functionality, which includes capabilities for complex package structures and SSCC (Serial Shipping Container Code) plates, which helps speed products through shipping and receiving.
• An advanced costing and pricing toolbox, which provides capabilities to help merchandisers source more effectively based on the cost of alternative supply methods.
• A standard PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) interface between Lawson Fashion PLM and the Lawson M3 Enterprise Management System, which helps companies more easily transfer style information between the two systems.
Propper International, Inc., a leading apparel manufacturer specializing in military and law enforcement gear is among the first Lawson customers to move to the latest version of the Lawson system. Propper, which is one of the largest suppliers of uniforms to the U.S. Department of Defense, is using the system to help it streamline key business processes relating to production and business management.