Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Apparel Management launched
To help manufacturing and distribution organizations manage multi-attribute products, Oracle announced Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Apparel Management. A new module within Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 portfolio of integrated enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Apparel Management optimizes the management of products that consist of a variety of different attributes including styles, colors and sizes.
By accommodating the management of multi-attribute items, dynamic order priority allocations and seasonal collection lifecycles, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Apparel Management supports the development of multi-attribute products from components to finished goods.
Built on the flexible, standards-based JD Edwards EnterpriseOne technology platform, the new module can also be used in other industries that manufacture and sell multi-attribute items such as food and beverage, consumer electronics or pulp and paper.
To further strengthen the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne applications suite, Oracle has also enhanced JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools by introducing new end user productivity features, system administration tools, reporting capabilities and additional platform certifications.
The new JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 8.98.4 is compatible with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.11, 8.12 and 9.0.
Supporting Multi-Attribute Products from Components to Finished Goods
• JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Apparel Management delivers extensive functionality that supports the management of the entire lifecycle of multi-attribute products. The new module introduces:
• Multi-Attribute Item Management: Supports complex multi-attribute products by providing the management capabilities and visibility needed to successfully accommodate different fabric compositions, cleaning codes and fabric label management.
• Matrix Management: Ensures the consistency and maintainability of the whole product range by enabling the intuitive entry and maintenance of multi-attribute products and their related data within purchase orders, work orders and sales orders.
• Collection Management: Supports data consistency across catalogs, seasonal offers and different order collection types whilst managing sales prices by seasons or collections.
• Dynamic Order Allocation: Delivers an inventory allocation engine that is specifically designed to support the automation and flexibility needs of varying customer demand.
Seamless integration with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne financial management, customer relationship management, order management, manufacturing, supply chain planning, procurement and logistic modules further supports the management of multi-attribute products.
“To meet increasingly volatile and specific consumer expectations, manufacturers and distributors need to be able to streamline the management of complex multi-attribute items,” said LyleEkdahl, Oracle group vice president, JD Edwards. “To help our customers address this challenge, Oracle has introduced JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Apparel Management. The new module delivers the extensive capabilities needed to manage multi-attribute items, dynamic order priority allocations and seasonal collection lifecycles. These capabilities can be applied to any industry that manufactures or sells multi-attribute items.”