Established in 2002 as a Proprietorship Firm, Silvassa Span Yarn Industries (SSYI) began with texturising of yarn and expanded into knitting Grey fabrics. In 2004, SSYI invested in texturising machinery and increased its production capacity. Within six years SSYI has grown to become a manufacturer and direct exporter of high-class texturised yarn. Manufacturing of Polyester Texturised Yarn & Knitted Grey Fabrics is the core business of SSYI.
With an in-house texturising capacity of 6000 tons of yarn per annum at Dadra (U.T. of Dadra & Nagar Haveli) and a wide range of texturised yarns from 50-denier to 300-denier in intermingled / non-intermingled, SSYI commands a firm reputation in the domestic and export markets in terms of quality and variety.
Mrs. Indu Arya - who is the key person behind SSYI, holds an industrial experience of more than 3 decades. While Mrs. Arya brings great stimulation in promoting the unit, a team of dedicated professionals from various fields competently offers its support.
SSYI’s progress is spelled by its figures that, back in the year 2004, amounted to a turnover of INR 150 million; the same for 2008 has reached to INR 473.7 million. The marketing and administration office of the unit is operated from Mumbai.
Denim Online Exports Pvt. Ltd.
Denim Online Exports Pvt Ltd., a company incorporated in 2001, is a Merchant Export Company engaged in trading/exports of denim fabrics and other textiles. It is a ‘Government of India’ approved Export House.
The company is already operating in Portugal, Spain, Panama, Guatemala, Venezuela, Columbia, Israel, Jordan, & Bangladesh, and is trying to expand its operations to new markets. It also plans to enter into other textile products e.g. Cotton Yarn, Bed sheets & Garments.
The company has seen its annual turnover grow from Rs. 28.7 million in 2003 to Rs. 251.7 million in 2007. The current year export turnover of the company (as of 31st March 2008) is Rs. 192.8 million.
Environment, Health and Safety Policy
We recognize the importance of managing effectively and seeking continuous improvement in health, safety and environmental matters as an integral part of its business activities. It has been our continuous endeavor to maintain an environment that ensures health, safe working conditions and safe practices. We are committed to:
- Prevention and control of land, air, water and noise pollution
- Conservation of natural resources
- Developing green zones in and around our plants and offices
- Compliance with applicable environmental laws, rules and regulations
- Prevention of Child Labor
- Reduction in waste generation and ensuring its proper disposal
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment at the workplace for employees and visitors
- Inculcate awareness among all employees, contractors and visitors regarding health, safety and environment
- External reporting of our health, safety and environmental performance