About the Group
A US $28 billion premium conglomerate, the Aditya Birla Group is in the League of Fortune 500. It is anchored by an extraordinary force of 100,000 employees, belonging to 25 different nationalities. In India, the Group has been adjudged “The Best Employer in India and among the top 20 in Asia” by the Hewitt-Economic Times and Wall Street Journal Study 2007. Over 50 per cent of its revenues flow from its overseas operations.
The Group operates in 25 countries - India, UK, Germany, Hungary, Brazil, Italy, France, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Australia, USA, Canada, Egypt, China, Thailand, Laos, Indonesia, Philippines, Dubai, Singapore, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Malaysia and Korea.
Globally the Aditya Birla Group is:
- A metals powerhouse, among the world’s most cost-efficient aluminum and copper producers. Hindalco-Novelis is the largest aluminum rolling company. It is one of the 3 biggest producers of primary aluminum in Asia, with the largest single location copper smelter
- No. 1 in viscose staple fiber
- The 4th largest producer of insulators
- The 4th largest producer of carbon black
- The 11th largest cement producer
- Among the world’s top 15 BPO companies and among India’s top 4
- Among the best energy efficient fertilizer plants
- A premier branded garments player
- The 2nd largest player in viscose filament yarn
- The 2nd largest in the Chlor-alkali sector
- Among the top 5 mobile telephony companies
- A leading player in Life Insurance and Asset Management
- Among the top 3 super-market chains in the Retail business
Rock solid in fundamentals, the Aditya Birla Group nurtures a culture where success does not come in the way of the need to keep learning afresh, to keep experimenting.\
Beyond Business – The Aditya Birla Group is:
- Working in 3700 villages
- Reaching out to 7 million people annually through the Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiatives and Rural Development, spearheaded by Mrs. Rajashree Birla
- Focusing on : health care, education, sustainable livelihood, infrastructure and espousing social causes
- Running 41 Schools and 18 Hospitals
Transcending the conventional barriers of business to send out a message that “We Care”
“VIKRAM WOOLLENS (VW) is a unit of highly diversified industrial conglomerate, Grasim Industries Limited, which forms part of Asia’s major commercial & industrial empire - The Aditya Birla Group”.
VW is worsted Spinning Plant set up with a State-of-the-Art Technology in the year 1995 with the production capacity of 1440 tons/annum. Unit is catering the demand of high end worsted consumers both internationally as well as in domestic market. Product quality is well accepted in international market and now unit is expanding its business with the clear vision ‘TO BEAT THE BEST’.
Unit is accredited with
OHSAS 18001:1999 (Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- DIN EN ISO 9001:2000 (Quality Management System),
- DIN EN ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System)
- To achieve and sustain the World Class Status in all areas.
- Establish ourselves as the first choice of our employees, customers and stakeholders.
- To produce Globally Competitive Quality Yarn.
- Total Customer Satisfaction, both Internal and External.
- Create and Maintain Clean, Safe and Pleasant Working Environment.
- Follow a System leading to continuous Improvement in Technology and Human Potential.
- Zero Defects
- Zero Waste
- Zero Equipment Losses
- Zero Accidents
- Zero Pollution
- Just in Time
- On time in Full Delivery
Click here to view Chairman's Message