By: Terri Grace
Have you tried traditional means of selling with little to no success? Do you have a product driven, home based business that you would like to grow nationally or even internationally? Are you unsure how to successfully advertise your web site on the Internet? Does your web site get limited traffic? Have you been a vendor at various boutiques but want the continual yearly income that is generated from your loyal customer base?
Retail shopping has been the general source of selling and purchasing products for decades. With the expansion of the Internet and other various creative avenues, business owners have been able to grow their business substantially in less time. Boutiques that have a physical location have been popular over the last 15 to 20 years. They are extremely enticing to the growing number of women who enjoy scrapbooking, home decor, holiday crafts, gift ideas and much more.
Listed below are 8 reasons why an online boutique could increase sales and grow your business.
1. Year round income: Not only would you have a physical location for your customers during various times of the year at boutiques, but they would be able to easily continue to purchase your items year round.
2. It will bring shoppers to you: Retail stores spend hundreds or thousands of dollars marketing their business. By advertising your online store when you are a vendor at a boutique, your customers will have an incentive to purchase additional products later.
3. Linking web sites: If a vendor from a boutique has a web site, the online boutique can link to the vendor's web site. This will generate traffic to the vendor's web site thereby gaining exposure and sales.
4. Reclaiming old customers: For customers who have not attended a boutique for years, they could look online to see what is available and either come back to the boutique or shop on line.
5. Extra income without extra setups and tear downs: Physical boutiques can be a successful means of establishing and growing a business. It takes time and effort to set up and take down a booth each show. Once a vendor is joined into an online boutique, it stays available to the customer night and day without much added effort.
6. Not enough online boutiques available: A study recently done found that 70% of online shoppers would like to purchase more boutique like items. There are very few on line boutique sites available.
7. Substantial growth: A person can grow their business without travel expenses by selling online. National and International growth is possible.
8. Increase sells up to 70%: Some of the most successful business owners contribute their success to selling online.
9. Eliminating cost of rental space: The average of cost of a rental space at a virtual boutique is around $125.00. This is usually for a 3 day exposure time. An online boutique is day and night, everyday, for a minimal monthly fee.
It is rare today for a business not to have a web site. If done correctly, web sites can be an invaluable tool for any business owner. The perfect solution for businesses that do not have a web site themselves, however, is the ability to tap into the online boutique web site. It is critical to be educated and informed on the latest marketing and sales tools available. The competition can be overwhelming without education and progressive action. Not only will online boutiques become a fun and easy way for people to shop, they will become a lucrative source of income for many vendors wanting to expand their business.
About the author:
Bio: Terri Grace, nineteen years of experience in boutique sales and marketing. Successful business owner of a boutique for the past 5 years. Owner and entrepreneur of an online boutique. For more information on boutiques go to: http://www.terrisbluegooseboutique.com
To read more articles on Textile, Fashion, Apparel, Technology, Retail and General please visit www.fibre2fashion.com/industry-article
To promote your company, product and services via promotional article, follow this link: http://www.fibre2fashion.com/services/featrued-article/featured_article.asp