- Net Loss after Tax for half-year to 31 December 2012 of $536.6 million
- $567.0 million of significant items ($534.4 million is non-cash)
- Excluding significant items, Group EBITDA up 12.9% (in constant currency terms on the prior corresponding period (pcp)) to $57.2 million (45% up in the Americas, 29% up in Australasia and 78% down in Europe)
- Transformation Strategy significantly reducing costs across the business
- Previously announced due diligence by bidding consortia expected to conclude next month
Billabong incurred a Net Loss after Tax for the half-year of $536.6 million. The result was impacted by $567.0 million of significant items, including $427.8 million non-cash impairment for goodwill and brands, and $106.6 million relating to a non-cash write down of its investment in Nixon.
Billabong announced a four year Transformation Strategy in August 2012 with the key developments for the first six months being,
- Store closure programme on track with 119 retail outlets closed to date, targeting a total of approximately 160 stores to be closed by June 2013
- Apparel supplier numbers to be reduced from over 275 to 50 commencing March 2013 as part of a major restructure of the global supply chain
- Management restructure and a staged move from regional to global reporting lines
- Global IT head appointed and strategy in place with new reporting and operational systems rolling out from mid-2013
- Billabong girls and women’s wear global strategy advanced
“Our management team, including those who have taken on new responsibilities in recent months, are having a positive impact in addressing the well-publicised challenges faced by the Group”, said Ms Inman. “However, given the lead times, the benefits from reduction in supplier numbers and brand improvement strategies will not be seen in this financial year.”
Textiles | On 15th Feb 2020
Turkey has agreed to review its free trade agreement with Morocco,...
Textiles | On 15th Feb 2020
German and Italian investors and manufacturers have evinced keen...
Apparel/Garments | On 15th Feb 2020
Nike has entered into strategic distributor deals for its Nike Brand...
Shades of India
Women value something that is unique and has a flavour of India
‘Blending cultures is the true beauty of fashion, where one’s imagination...
'In export markets, the trend in terms of embroidery, is towards matte...
Archroma is a global colour and specialty chemicals company headquartered...
Italian company Marzoli is a leading manufacturer of the complete line of...
Radhey Weaves is a Surat-based manufacturer of brocade fabrics. MD...
Giorgio Mantovani, MD of Corman, with a presence in both Milano and New...
Investkonsult Sweden AB
Investkonsult Sweden AB are consultants in the nonwoven and absorbent...
Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...
Silvia Venturini Fendi
"Yes, my confidence and positive attitude are my strengths and should be...
Gildan Activewear SRL
Gildan Activewear, a manufacturer and marketer of branded clothing and...
She grew up in the walled city of Old Delhi, completed her studies, and...