Please fill in your details to download the Table of Contents of this report for free. We also do customization of these reports so you can write to us at email@example.com in case you need any other additional information.
Second Quarter Fiscal 2014 Results
For the second quarter of fiscal 2014, the Company recorded adjusted net earnings of $44.3 million, a 3.3% increase compared to net earnings of $42.9 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2013.
Adjusted diluted earnings per share increased 6.1%, to $0.52, compared to diluted earnings per share of $0.49 for the prior-year quarter. The adjusted net earnings exclude restructuring charges of $6.1 million ($4.4 million net of taxes). On a GAAP basis, second quarter fiscal 2014 net earnings were $39.9 million and diluted earnings per share totaled $0.47, including an unfavorable $0.05 after-tax impact from the restructuring charges.
Paul Marciano, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We are pleased to deliver second quarter earnings that exceeded our expectations. The earnings not only reflect the achievement of our revenue expectations for the quarter, but also the benefits of our expense management and cost control efforts."
Mr. Marciano continued, "We are very encouraged by the improvements in the trends of our North American Retail business in the second quarter, reflecting the enhancements in our product assortments.
"However, the economic climate in Southern Europe continues to be challenging and we are beginning to see a slowdown in China. Therefore, although we are encouraged by our overall results in the first half of fiscal 2014, the outlook for consumer spending in Southern Europe and China remains uncertain and we are planning our business accordingly."
- Total net revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 increased 0.6% to $639.0 million, from $635.4 million in the prior-year quarter. In constant currency, total net revenue decreased 1.4%.
- The Company's retail stores in North America generated revenue of $254.3 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2014, a 0.5% increase from $253.0 million in the same period a year ago.
- Comparable store sales for the second quarter of fiscal year 2014 decreased 2.0% in U.S. dollars and 1.7% in constant currency compared to the same period a year ago. The Company directly operated 507 retail stores in the United States and Canada at the end of the second quarter of fiscal 2014 versus 511 stores a year earlier.
- Net revenue from the Company's Europe segment increased 1.4% to $250.4 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2014, from $246.9 million in the prior-year period. In local currency, net revenue decreased 3.3%.
- Net revenue from the Company's Asia segment decreased 1.5% to $65.9 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2014, compared to $66.8 million in the prior-year period. In constant currency, net revenue decreased 3.6%.
- Net revenue from the Company's North American Wholesale segment decreased 0.7% to $41.4 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2014, compared to $41.6 million in the prior-year period.
- Licensing segment net revenue was slightly up at $27.1 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2014, from $27.0 million in the prior-year period.
| On 28th Sep 2020
The potential loss of tariff advantages offered by the European Union ...
| On 28th Sep 2020
Following a 66 per cent spike in daily online sales in May, when most ...
| On 28th Sep 2020
An independent review launched by Boohoo in July has “has identified...
Denimsandjeans India 2018
The biggest challenge is lack of skilled workforce and competition from...
We will promote latest technologies at ITMA Barcelona
Switzerland-based Sensient Imaging Technologies is a pioneer with a global ...
Australia-based Sunseeker has been creating swimwear since 1970. Sunseeker ...
Archroma is a global colour and specialty chemicals company headquartered...
Focusing on bold patterns and colour palettes, Luis Quijano, a student at...
Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...
Mr Hartmann Huth
Trevira GmbH is an innovative European manufacturer of high-value branded...
<b>Joe Ikareth</b> has a rock-solid fashion and textiles background, which ...
Sailesh Singhania Label
The Sailesh Singhania label was created to promote handwoven sarees and...
Threads & Shirts
Threads & Shirts is a freshly-tailored concept providing men/women a...
Letter to Editor
Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.
Subscribe today and get the latest information on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel.