- 10.7% operating income growth in the second quarter
- Revenue growth in all business segments
- All time record high margin in Express of 10.4%
- Strong 21.2% Mail margin, partially supported by one-off items
- Earnings per share from continuing operations up 13.4% to 50 cents
- Full year outlook adjusted upwards
- Mail operating margin increase from around 18.0% to around 18.5%
- Express operating margin expected at the high end of 9.0%-9.5% range
- Signing of the Logistics sale is now expected to take place during the third quarter
CEO Peter Bakker: "I am very satisfied with our strong performance in Q2 and the first half of 2006. Our 'Focus on Networks' strategy is delivering strong growth and record margins in Express, and robust performance in Mail.
Based on the strong start to the year, I am pleased that we can upgrade our outlook for 2006. Also, the signing of the Logistics divestment should take place before the end of the third quarter. All-in-all, 2006 is expected to be a strong year for TNT."
TNT N.V. provides businesses and consumers worldwide with an extensive range of services for their mail and express delivery needs.
Headquartered in the Netherlands, TNT offers efficient network infrastructures in Europe and Asia and is expanding operations worldwide to maximize its networkperformance.