Home / Knowledge / News / Apparel/Garments / Ever-Glory & La Chapelle to create LA GO GO Fashion

Ever-Glory & La Chapelle to create LA GO GO Fashion

10
Jan '08
Ever-Glory International Group Inc a leading apparel manufacturer in the People's Republic of China announced it entered into a joint venture agreement with Shanghai La Chapelle Garment and Accessories Company Limited (''La Chapelle Garment'') to begin the widescale launch of Ever-Glory's private-label clothing line.

The agreement will create Shanghai LA GO GO Fashion Co Ltd (''LA GO GO Fashion''), which will manufacture and market Ever-Glory's inaugural LA GO GO brand toward young, professional women.

''The development of LA GO GO is an important step for the new year, as we look to broaden our offerings to the domestic Chinese market and diversify our revenues by selling these higher-margin products,'' said Mr. Yihua (Edward) Kang, Ever-Glory's Chief Executive Officer.

''The LA GO GO brand will provide high-quality, stylish fashions to our core customers - younger, professional women who love to shop and tend to spend more on clothing and accessories.''

In conjunction with the agreement, Ever-Glory agreed to invest US $1.4 million in La Chapelle Garment, for a 10% stake in La Chapelle. In turn, La Chapelle will use the proceeds to finance the joint venture.

Under terms of the agreement, Ever-Glory, through its subsidiary Nanjing Goldenway Garments Co Ltd, will hold a 60% stake in LA GO GO Fashion, while La Chapelle Garment will hold the remaining 40% interest.

La Chapelle Garment currently operates a network of 350 specialty counters in more than 40 cities in China, including Beijing, Chengdu, Nanjing, Shanghai, Suzhou and Tianjin.


Must ReadView All

Pic: Infinited Fiber Company

Textiles | On 21st Apr 2021

Infinited Fiber plans to build €220 mn flagship factory in Finland

Circular fashion and textile technology group Infinited Fiber Company ...

Pic: Fespa

Textiles | On 21st Apr 2021

Print production technology will continue to evolve: FESPA CEO

Print production technology will continue to evolve, and new...

Pic: Sundry Photography / Shutterstock.com

Retail | On 21st Apr 2021

US omnichannel retailer Kohl’s and Investor Group reach agreement

Kohl’s Corporation, a leading omnichannel retailer in the US, has...

Interviews View All

Textile Industry, Head honchos

Textile Industry
Head honchos

Marry craft and utility

Textile Industry, Head honchos

Textile Industry
Head honchos

Strike a balance between handmade in India and 'Make in India'

Textile Industry, Head honchos

Textile Industry
Head honchos

Money never disappears-it just finds new opportunities

Gus Bartholomew,

Gus Bartholomew

<b>Gus Bartholomew</b>, co-founder of SupplyCompass, explains to <b>Subir...

Shivendra Nigam,

Shivendra Nigam

Delhi-headquartered Cantabil Retail India Ltd was founded by Vijay Bansal...

Amanda Cioletti,

Amanda Cioletti

The entertainment/character segment lead as the largest sector for the...

Sachin Pendharkar, Dieffenbacher India Pvt Ltd

Sachin Pendharkar
Dieffenbacher India Pvt Ltd

Germany-based Dieffenbacher Group is a producer of high-quality composites ...

Daniel Odermatt, Ventile

Daniel Odermatt
Ventile

Ventile is a registered trademark used to brand a special high-quality...

Steve McCullough & Marco Weichert, Functional Fabric Fair & Design and Development GmbH Textile Consult respectively

Steve McCullough & Marco Weichert
Functional Fabric Fair & Design and Development GmbH Textile Consult respectively

Functional Fabric Fair is a trade-exclusive event showcasing the latest...

Anjali Bhaskar, Samatvam

Anjali Bhaskar
Samatvam

Samatvam, a womenswear brand that blends age-old craftsmanship with modern ...

Niti Singhal, Twee In One

Niti Singhal
Twee In One

Best known for convertible clothing, Indian brand Twee In One by designer...

Ruma Devi, Gramin Vikas Evam Chetna Sansthan

Ruma Devi
Gramin Vikas Evam Chetna Sansthan

Ruma Devi is a jet-setting promoter of artisans who has empowered...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


April 2021

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.


Advanced Search