;
Home / Knowledge / News / Fashion / FSI invests in luxury brand Missoni
FSI invests in luxury brand Missoni
18
Jun '18
Courtesy: .Missoni
Courtesy: .Missoni
Private equity firm FSI has announced the acquisition of a minority stake from the luxury brand Missoni. The investment will mainly consist of a capital increase, with no financial leverage on Missoni. At closing, the Missoni Family will maintain a controlling interest of 58.8 per cent in the company, while the remaining 41.2 per cent will be held by FSI.

The objective of the partnership is to enhance Missoni’s outstanding awareness and development potential, in order to become a modern and global player, with an adequate organisational structure and size to compete in the global fashion and luxury industry.

The company’s growth plan will focus on international expansion, product range extension and the strengthening of the retail channel, mainly in key markets. The seven-member board of directors will include Angela Missoni, as Chairman, Luca Missoni and Giacomo Missoni, as Board members. Rosita Missoni will continue as honorary chairman of the company. Michele Norsa, industrial partner of FSI and former CEO of Salvatore Ferragamo and Valentino Fashion Group, will be appointed vice-chairman.

"The three generations of the Missoni Family, led by Rosita, are pleased to be entering into this agreement with FSI, a prestigious and patient Italian investor with an international network. It is especially auspicious that this partnership is forged on the year of our 65th anniversary, a time to celebrate our history. I am proud that Missoni will be entering into this new chapter, safeguarding both our family unity and our brand DNA. I am confident that with the support of FSI and the strategic vision of the incoming vice-chairman, Michele Norsa, we will be able to lead this precious family jewel into a bright future," Angela Missoni, creative director, said.

"The investment in Missoni is an extraordinary opportunity to support the growth of this unique Italian brand into a global leader," said Maurizio Tamagnini, CEO of FSI. "The Missoni Family has impressed us for their passion, creative energy and timeless loyalty to the brand. We are honored to have been chosen by them in this prestigious partnership." (RR)

Fibre2Fashion News Desk – India


Must ReadView All

Courtesy: Pxhere

Textiles | On 24th Jan 2019

Cabinet okays National Bench of GST Appellate Tribunal

The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has...

Courtesy: Pxhere

Textiles | On 24th Jan 2019

China's textile & apparel exports up 3.5% in 2018

Textile and apparel exports from China increased by 3.5 per cent...

Textile firm fully owned by blacks launched in S Africa

Textiles | On 24th Jan 2019

Textile firm fully owned by blacks launched in S Africa

A multi-million-rand textile firm, Africa Bespoke Apparel (ABA), was...

Interviews View All

Abhishek Samdaria, Reflete

Abhishek Samdaria
Reflete

GST will certainly reduce a lot of paperwork in future

Top executives, Textile industry

Top executives
Textile industry

The new deal is better than NAFTA for the US textile industry

Sachin Sharma, Gem Enviro Management Pvt Ltd

Sachin Sharma
Gem Enviro Management Pvt Ltd

There are no significant differences between virgin yarn and PET recycled...

Maya Simova,

Maya Simova

Inter Expo and Congress Center (IEC) is a prominent exhibition centre in...

Ravi Raj Desai,

Ravi Raj Desai

Himalaya Cotton Yarn Ltd manufactures high quality denier. The spinning...

Kamal Kulshreshth,

Kamal Kulshreshth

Colorjet is among the fastest-growing wide format digital inkjet print...

Pierre Wiertz, EDANA

Pierre Wiertz
EDANA

Pierre Wiertz talks about the vast world of sustainable nonwovens and...

Mark Paterson, Technical Absorbents Ltd

Mark Paterson
Technical Absorbents Ltd

Mark Paterson, R&D manager of Technical Absorbents Ltd talks about Super...

Robert Erichsen, Statex Produktions & Vertriebs GmbH

Robert Erichsen
Statex Produktions & Vertriebs GmbH

Statex Produktions & Vertriebs Gmbh, founded in 1978 and headquartered ...

Sonam & Paras Modi, SVA

Sonam & Paras Modi
SVA

Sonam and Paras Modi's Sva Couture is synonymous with head-turning...

Sanjukta Dutta, Sanjukta's Studio

Sanjukta Dutta
Sanjukta's Studio

<b>Sanjukta Dutta</b> creates unique garments by clubbing prints of...

Aditi Somani, Aditi Somani

Aditi Somani
Aditi Somani

Aditi Somani specialises in luxury fusion wear with international cuts and ...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


January 2019

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Advanced Search