Private fashion label collections grow at MBFG for Q4, 2005
27 Feb '06
4 min read
Fashion company Mariella Burani informed that its Board of Directors (BOD) approved the Group's consolidated financial report for the three month period ended December 31, 2005, prepared in accordance with International Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards (IAS/IFRS), which reflects sustained growth for the full year ended December 31, 2005.
MBFG 2005 consolidated revenues increased to € 482.4 million compared to € 429.6 million of 2004 (+12.3 percent). Revenue growth was primarily driven by the:
- Strong organic growth (+ 20.4 percent) of the leather goods division (Antichi Pellettieri). driven by Braccialini handbag and accessory collections (+ 50.6 percent), Baldinini footwear collections (+ 35.7 percent), and Francesco Biasia handbag and accessory collections (+ 10.2 percent),
- Growth of the Mariella Burani and Rene Lezard collections,
- Condolidation of Bernie's, one of Switzerland's leading luxury goods retailers,
- The Group's expanded retail network (241 boutiques world-wide as of 31 December 2005) with revenues generated from Directly Operated Stores (DOS) accounting for 36 percent of 2005 consolidated revenues (+22.2 percent from 2004),
- reinforced market presence in rapidly expanding geographic markets such as Eastern Europe, Russia, the Middle and Far East; regions which, on average, realised growth rates of 15 percent.
Ebitda reached € 61 million for the year, reflecting an increase of 34.9 percent from the € 45,2 million generated in 2004. The significant improvement in Ebitda is primarily attributable to