Home / Knowledge / News / Fashion / Mango renames its menswear line as Mango Man
Mango renames its menswear line as Mango Man
13
Nov '14
Mango, the Spanish clothing design and manufacturing company, has renamed its menswear line as Mango Man.

In an attempt to bring all its brands under the MANGO name, the Catalan firm decided to change the men’s label, which was formerly known as HE by Mango, to Mango Man.

The change will be introduced gradually in its different applications, as well as in all the countries in which the menswear collection is available.

Following the implementation of megastores in 2013, which stock all or most of the company’s brands, the Barcelonan group decided to unify the names of all of its lines except the newly launched women’s plus-size label Violeta by MANGO.

Apart from MANGO Man, the list of re-branded lines includes MANGO Kids, MANGO Baby (clothing for babies aged 0 to 24 months) and the soon-to-be released MANGO Sport and Intimates.

Unveiled in 2008, the menswear brand specializes in contemporary and modern ranges of fashion based on updating the classics with a touch of current trends to create simple, everyday and urban styles.

Aiming to cater for the needs of its wide spectrum of customers, the label offers several different lines including a smart casual line with everyday garments aimed at a more mature and urban target market, a casual weekend-appropriate range with modern and youthful garments, a tailored collection of suits in different styles, cuts and prices, a trend-driven line offering ultra-fashionable garments, the more youthful denim heavy version (Blacksmith) and a sportswear category divided into training and running sections.

The label currently owns over 207 stores in 42 countries such as Spain, Germany, France, Holland, Italy, the United Kingdom, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Mexico and Chile. During 2014, the brand has added over 90 outlets to its network and plans to end the year with 240 stores. The forecast for 2015 is to open 100 new outlets.

MANGO closed the 2013 financial year with a turnover of 1.846 billion euros, which represents an increase of 9% over 2012, and a profit of 120.5 million euros, 9% more than the previous year. Given the international presence of the brand, 83% of its turnover corresponds to foreign markets, while the remaining 17% corresponds to the Spanish market. (PB)

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Pic: Shutterstock

Textiles | On 12th Jun 2021

G20 GDP returns to pre-pandemic level in Q1 2021: OECD

Gross domestic product (GDP) of the Group of 20 (G20) area returned...

Pic: Stock for you / Shutterstock.com

Apparel/Garments | On 12th Jun 2021

Prime Content| Japan's clothing imports fall 13.2% in 2020-21

Japan’s imports of clothing and accessories declined by 13.2 per cent ...

Pic: Shutterstock

Textiles | On 12th Jun 2021

Setting right targets for issues key to building biodiversity strategy

Setting the right targets for issues in play in locations, i.e.,...

Interviews View All

Textile Industry, Head honchos

Textile Industry
Head honchos

We are staring at livelihood crisis for weavers

Textile Industry, Head honchos

Textile Industry
Head honchos

Uniform designing is a numbers game

Textile Industry, Head honchos

Textile Industry
Head honchos

Multi-functional garments will be next big thing

Raiyan Islam,

Raiyan Islam

Founded in 1981 by Sayeeful Islam, Concorde Garments Group is a market...

David Guiho,

David Guiho

Headquartered in Apt, South of France, Delta Plus designs, manufactures...

Susanna Koelblin,

Susanna Koelblin

Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that...

Tiasha Renganathan, Twinery Innovations by MAS

Tiasha Renganathan
Twinery Innovations by MAS

Twinery-Innovations by MAS is the innovation arm of Sri Lankan company MAS ...

Giulio Cesareo, Directa Plus

Giulio Cesareo
Directa Plus

UK-based Directa Plus is one of the largest producers and suppliers...

Daniel Roxbury, University of Rhode Island

Daniel Roxbury
University of Rhode Island

Assistant professor Daniel Roxbury and former URI graduate student...

Sarah Denise Cordery, Sarah Denise Studio

Sarah Denise Cordery
Sarah Denise Studio

Manchester, England-based Sarah Denise Studio provides relevant fashion...

Aprajita Toor, Aprajita Toor

Aprajita Toor
Aprajita Toor

The creations by Aprajita Toor were born out of a deep desire to create...

Archana Jaju, Label Archana Jaju

Archana Jaju
Label Archana Jaju

<b>Archana Jaju</b>’s Hyderabad-based eponymous label works with artisans...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


June 2021

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.


Advanced Search