Zandra Rhodes (Princess of Punk) as guest designer at iD DFW
Zandra Rhodes, internationally renowned fashion designer and known as the “Princess of Punk” has confirmed she will show at the iD Dunedin Fashion Show. Due to popular demand, the show will
run over two consecutive nights, Friday 12 March and Saturday 13 March, 2010.
• The Queen of Colour will showcase pieces from her current collection including classic chiffon and fabulous organza eveningwear alongside her famous kaftans. Rhodes hopes to show some of her timeless vintage items from the late 60s and early 70s. Her collection will feature stunning items of jewellery from prominent English sculptor, Andrew Logan, who will also be in attendance.
• Rhodes created fashion history with her bold use of colour, prints and textiles. She was one of the new wave of British designers to put London at the forefront of the international fashion scene in the 1970s.
• Zandra Rhodes will be a guest judge at the iD Dunedin Emerging Designer Awards alongside Katie Newton, Fashion and Beauty Editor
of the Sunday Star Times, Sunday Magazine, Stefano Sopelza, Mittelmoda Fashion Award Project Supervisor and David McLeod, Dunedin sculptor and jeweller, with other judges yet to be named.
• Anderson Lloyd has made Zandra Rhodes and Andrew Logan's visit to New Zealand possible, with their generous sponsorship.
• As the iD Dunedin Fashion Show reaches its 11th year, the organisers have worked hard to ensure the shows will be events to remember. Tickets to this successful, not for profit fashion show and other key events during the week will be highly sought after.
• Tickets go on sale Tuesday 26 January, 9.00am through
TicketDirect for key events of the iD Dunedin Fashion Week, with
Pacific Blue travel prizes to be won; the Emerging Designer
Awards on Thursday 11 March and the iD Dunedin Fashion Show on Friday 12 March and Saturday 13 March.
• Pacific Blue Airlines is a sponsor for the second year and official airline for the 2010 iD Dunedin Fashion Week. The airline will be giving away four travel prizes, including return flights for two people from Dunedin to Brisbane. One trip will be awarded to an Emerging Designer winner. Three trips will be given away to a guest in a Lucky Boarding Pass Draw at each of the key events, the Emerging Designer Awards and the iD Dunedin Fashion Show.
Zandra Rhodes, International Fashion Designer "I'm absolutely thrilled to be coming to beautiful New Zealand and very excited about my first ever visit to Dunedin and iD Fashion Week. A highlight of the fashion week will be judging the emerging designer collections at the iD Awards show. I'll be looking for originality and flair in their collections and that special something that sets them apart as a designer.”
Susie Staley – Chair of iD Fashion Committee “We are privileged to have an accomplished international leader in the field of fashion as guest designer at iD thisyear. Her business expertise, academic knowledge and attendance clearly establishes iD Fashion Week as a must see week of events.”