Home / Knowledge / News / Fashion / China remains MANGO's biggest challenge
China remains MANGO's biggest challenge
08
Apr '10
MANGO ended 2009 with a turnover of 1,480 million euros, representing retail sales excluding VAT by company and franchise-owned stores.

In addition, the turnover for the MANGO/MNG Consolidated Group was 1,145 million euros, representing the figure for retail sales excluding VAT of MANGO stores, plus wholesale to franchises.

Given the brand's important international presence, 78% of turnover corresponds to foreign markets and the remaining 22% to the Spanish national market.

In 2009, MANGO opened 161 new stores: 8 in Spain and 153 abroad. Moreover, markets in Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Asia were consolidated, and the brand opened its first stores in Iran, Iraq, Belorussia and Guatemala.

China remains MANGO's biggest challenge. The brand is planning to open 59 points of sale in the country. In addition, company presence within Asia is strengthened with new openings in South Korea, Singapore and India. Two stores will be opening in New Delhi international Airport. Europe also remains an important market, with new stores opening in Germany, Austria, Italy, Holland, Belgium, France, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK. MANGO is increasing its presence in Latin America with new stores in Venezuela, Chile, Peru and Mexico.

In 2009, the turnover from online sales was 11.7 million euros. Customers from most of Europe, the US, Canada, Japan, Turkey and Korea can shop online. China and Russia are expected to be added to this list during 2010.

MANGO is expanding the H.E. HOMINI EMERITO menswear clothing line, which currently has 135 stores worldwide, and is planning to open H.E. points of sale in Germany, Holland and New Caledonia in 2010.

At present there are a total of 1,431 MANGO stores in 100 countries. The company will be opening its first stores in Mauritius and New Caledonia in 2010. Throughout 2010 the brand plans to open 150 more stores in locations which include Bogota, Caracas, Dubai, Kuwait, Lyon, Marrakech, Milan, Moscow, Paris and Beijing, among others.

In 2010 MANGO plans to invest 100 million euros in new openings, store refurbishments and logistics and information systems.

MANGO


Must ReadView All

Courtesy: Pexels

Textiles | On 19th Sep 2018

Punitive PRC tariffs on US goods has extra 5% on textiles

Responding to Washington’s latest duty increase in a dispute with...

Courtesy: Tecnorama

Textiles | On 19th Sep 2018

'Reliability & excellent quality are Tecnorama’s USP'

The complete reliability and excellent quality of Tecnorama systems...

Courtesy:  Stanislav Kondratiev on Unsplash

Apparel/Garments | On 19th Sep 2018

AAFA questions US tariffs on $200 bn Chinese goods

The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has questioned...

Interviews View All

Amit Jain, Shingora Textiles Ltd

Amit Jain
Shingora Textiles Ltd

‘In terms of fabric, the fastest growing category for us is a blend of...

Anavila Misra, Anavila Collection

Anavila Misra
Anavila Collection

Fashion shows are also encouraging and highlighting sustainable fashion

Karan Toshniwal, Orange O Tec

Karan Toshniwal
Orange O Tec

Contemporary industry is paying more and more attention to the...

Ashish M Amin,

Ashish M Amin

Premier Looms is a leading provider of cutting-edge machinery and...

Shivani Swamy,

Shivani Swamy

The Livinguard Technology is owned by Green Impact Holding AG based in...

C Dhandayuthapani,

C Dhandayuthapani

MAG Solvics Private Limited was established in 1991 to design and develop...

S Ziya Gumuser, Teknomelt

S Ziya Gumuser
Teknomelt

Turkish nonwoven manufacturer Teknomelt has been around for only seven...

Silke Brand-Kirsch, Schlegel und Partner GmbH

Silke Brand-Kirsch
Schlegel und Partner GmbH

<div>Schlegel und Partner is the market research and consultancy company...

Georg Reinhold, Trützschler  Nonwovens & Man-Made Fibers

Georg Reinhold
Trützschler Nonwovens & Man-Made Fibers

Trützschler Nonwovens & Man-Made Fibers, a part of the Trützschler Group,...

Cigdem Akin, Cigdem Akin

Cigdem Akin
Cigdem Akin

She has carved a niche for herself as the national brand of Turkey. Her...

Rajesh Pratap Singh, Rajesh Pratap Singh

Rajesh Pratap Singh
Rajesh Pratap Singh

<div>Ace fashion designer <b>Rajesh Pratap Singh</b> has used Tencel to...

Bani Batra,

Bani Batra

Bani Batra’s couture wedding collection is inspired by traditional Indian...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


September 2018

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Advanced Search