New board for Cape Town Fashion Council
December 14, 2011 - South Africa
The Cape Town Fashion Council (CTFC) has finalized the new board for 2011/2012. The board structure includes key stakeholders that represent the full value chain of the fashion/clothing sector.
The CTFC board for 2012 is as follows:
• Alex Harris - GM Foschini / retail rep – Chairman
• Ian Stein – MD Monviso / manufacturing rep – Vice Chairman
• Anita du Plooy – PGWC
• Jackie Burger – Editor Elle Magazine / Media rep
• Cheryl Arthur – Hip Hop, Afro Diva, SA Fashion Council Chair
– Designer rep
• Gavin Rajah – Gavin Rajah – Designer rep
• Abu-bakr Frislaar – House of Monatic – Designer rep
• Talita Weideman – CPUT – Academic rep
• Fachmy Abrahams – SACTWU – Trade union rep
• Lynton Rice – Woolworths – Retail rep
• Mike Joubert – Brands Rock – Ex Officio
• Shamil Isaacs – Tech Station for Clothing and Textiles – Ex Officio
• Shaun Borstrock – UK Luxury brand consultant, Design for Africa – Ex Officio
Bryan Ramkilawan, CTFC – CEO: I am confidant that this new board will resume with the positive momentum of the CTFC in 2011/12.
The Council represents over 350 members including local fashion brands and industry stakeholders within the Clothing and Textiles value chain. The strategic goals of the CTFC are to provide initiatives that develop and support the fashion industry in the Western Cape as well as ensuring that local fashion designers access, maintain and grow their market share.