January 07, 2014 - India
January 07, 2014 - India
The basis of these trends is Craftsvilla.com's own survey done last month among their customers who are primarily women based in India and abroad, buying pattern in last six months on Craftsvilla.com and survey of their 5000+ sellers some of who also sell on other portals.
Craftsvilla.com believes these trends will guide the styles of the designers in India next year and prepare them to plan the release of their styles in accordance with current in vogue fashion. So below are the top five trends in Indian fashion revealed by Craftsvilla.com.
1. Anarkali Suits: Anarkali suits are long Kurtas with bottoms which are usually churidar. Anarkali suits owe their name to Anarkali, a famous courtesan in a great mughal emperor's court. We would see young women flaunting their Golden and Pink color heavy embroidery anarkali suits this bridal season. Bollywood inspired Kareena Kapoor Anarkali suits will be ideally suited if you are looking for dashing party wear.
2. Polki & Kundan Jewellery: Polki, which are uncut diamonds and Kundan, which are gemstone work with gold foil will rule the fashion jewellery in India in 2014. Polki and Kundan combination gives a royal look to the jewellery and would make the imitation jewellery real and classy when you wear it in family functions or wedding. Given how Gold prices are going up, Polki and Kundan jewellery will be a good alternative to look for next year.
3. Bollywood Inspired Sarees: Generations have gone by but the glamour of Bollywood continues unabated. Women, urban or rural, educated or uneducated continue to aspire for Bollywood apparel, jewellery and accessories. No wonder, Bollywood inspired sarees are a great hit these days among young and older women. Bollywood inspired sarees, jewellery and salwar suits will continue to rule 2014 fashion.
4. Black Color Georgette Sarees and Salwar Suits: Black is back in Indian fashion where black color sarees and salwar suits would catch the glances of everyone. Black in lot of ways makes a woman look sensuous, toned and shapely. With women of today being more conscious about how they look, black is the color in fashion. Black georgette and chiffon sarees give women that look which would make the men around them spellbound.
5. Half n Half Sarees: Half sarees collections are sarees where the pleats are in contrasting color compared to rest of the saree. The one half of saree including pleats is in complete contrasting color compared to other half of the saree which includes pallu.
The colors are very bold and contrasting like purple and pink, red and black etc. Designer Half sarees are very much in vogue right now and especially younger women are looking for online shopping for these fashionable sarees to wear in wedding or parties.
So here are the top five trends in Indian fashion for 2014 as predicted by Craftsvilla.com. Craftsvilla.com will continue to share other trends over the year as trends fluctuate within an year a lot of times these days.