Ahujasons targets Rs 200 cr sales in 3 years

January 19, 2016 - India

Specialist producer of exclusive and exquisite shawls Ahujasons Shawl Wale Private Ltd is targeting Rs 200 crore turnover in three years on the back of retail expansion and more product launches.

Ahujasons Shawl Wale (P) Ltd Retail Head Bhuvan Ahuja told a news agency that while the company is essentially a winterwear maker, it planning to launch a new summer collection made of organic materials.

Ahujasons has three outlets in India and one in Japan. It will open two more stores in the country and consider opening stores in global locations like London and Dubai.

Ahuja said the firm plans to open 3 to 4 new stores in 3 years. There is also a plan to grow countrywide.

The firm goes slow on expansion as it works on a 'company-owned, company-operated' model and most of its products are hand-made, which restricts their availability, Ahuja said.

Apart from producing its own exclusive shawls, the firm has also acquired antique shawls from across the world over the last 10 years and is now looking at monetising its antique collection.

Ahuja said the firm has about 25 such antique shawls. It is in touch with some museums across the world to monetise these antique works. Some of the shawls are in the price range of Rs 90 lakh to Rs 1 crore.

Curently, about 50 per cent of Ahujasons’ total turnover of comes from exports at present but the firm expects a change as it is expanding its retail network.

The firm expects domestic business to contribute 70 per cent of its total turnover in three years while the remaining 30 per cent sales will come from exports, Ahuja said.

New Delhi-based Ahujasons sells its high-end luxury products under Prive brand priced between Rs 5,000 to Rs 15 lakh. (SH)