AATCC to conduct Color Management Workshop
May 21, 2008 - United States Of America
AATCC will conduct a Color Management Workshop August 20-21 at its Technical Center in Research Triangle Park, N.C. USA. The workshop is created for merchandisers, retailers, manufacturers, product developers, color approval managers, specifiers, and designers.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Fundamentals of Color Theory and Measurement, David Hinks, North Carolina State University
• Color Trends: We Celebrate the Spirit of Independence, Tod Schulman, Pantone Inc
• Color Choice: A Balancing Act between the DNA of the Dye and Requirements, Donna D. Faber, JCPenney
• Describing Color Differences: How Good are Your Comments? Carol Revels, Gap Inc
• Color Communication: Getting Your Message Across, Roland L. Connelly Sr., X-Rite Inc.
• Supplier Conformance: Why Don’t my Numbers Match Yours? Ken Butts, Datacolor
• Tracking Color Performance, Keith D. Hoover, JCPenney
• Integration: Bringing it All Together, Jean Hoskin, Macy's
Break-out sessions focus on illumination and observer issues, sample analysis and measurement technique, creativity with trends and virtual development, color formulation, production evaluation and control, and how to do the right color right.
The program registration fee is US$950 (US$640 for individual and corporate AATCC members) and includes luncheons, breaks and a copy of all available papers. Refunds will be made if cancellations are received on or before August 5, 2008.
Overnight accommodations are available at the Radisson Hotel, I-40 at Davis Dr., Research Triangle Park, N.C. USA. Reservations should be made directly with the hotel and attendance at the AATCC workshop should be specified to receive the group rate of US$119. Reservations must be made by August 7 to ensure room availability.