Sales & losses grow in tandem at Himatsingka
November 04, 2008 - India
Himatsingka consolidated H1 total revenues at Rs. 495.31 Crores - a growth of 43.9% over the previous year.
• HSL Consolidated revenues for the half-year ended September 30th 2008 stood at Rs. 495.31 crores vs Rs. 353.52 crores during the previous year, a growth of 40.1% .
• The Bed Linen facility has turned in a positive EBITDA performance of Rs. 5.30 crores in the quarter as against an EBITDA loss of Rs. 7.00 crores in the previous quarter. The capacity utilization for the quarter stood at 60.50% capacity . This has been achieved within 12 months of commissioning.
• HSL Consolidated revenues for the quarter ended September 30th 2008 stood at Rs. 261.27 crores as against Rs. 259.14 crores during the previous year.
• Consolidated net loss for the quarter stood at Rs. 20.50 crores vs Consolidated net profit of Rs. 10.94 crores during the previous year.
• The consolidated financials have been impacted by foreign exchange fluctuations amounting to Rs. 25.59 crores during the quarter.
• Exceptional items include a write back of provision amounting to Rs. 1.94 crores on a mark to market provision for a Foreign Exchange Derivative contract.