Experts suggest this tear's must-have items
July 08, 2009 - United States Of America
As fall draws near, the millions of students (and their parents) that are headed off to college will begin to prepare for this exciting but challenging time of life. With the abundance of dorm room gear available for dorm dwellers, Bed Bath & Beyond recommends a few key items that are must-haves for comfort and decor.
"For years, Bed Bath & Beyond has been helping students and parents save time and money on this journey," commented Bari Fagin of Bed Bath & Beyond. "Check with your college or university before you shop to learn the specific rules of your on-campus housing. Then, use our checklist to identify what you need to buy and what you can take from home. Save money by dividing the list with your roommate, this way you avoid buying duplicate items."
Fagin highlights some of this year's must-have items for dorm dwellers:
• Make a statement. Since the bed is typically the largest item in the room, it typically sets the decor tone. Select a bedding pattern that reflects your personality. This year Nautica offers several patterns in both comforters and duvet covers. Grover Beach is a great set for guys, in masculine grey and black it has a modern geometric appeal. For a fun, feminine look, go with the bright and bold plaid of "Torrey Beach."
• Good Night, Sleep Tight. If you're headed for on-campus housing, you're probably not destined for a new mattress. Convert any mattress to comfy cozy by starting with a mattress protector, which acts as a barrier between you and the mattress, and then add a mattress topper like a fiberbed for additional comfort.
• Storage Solutions. Tuition may have increased over time, but the size of the average dorm room has not. Choose a double hang closet rod to double the amount of usable closet space and use bed lifts and underbed storage bags to maximize every nook and cranny of your room.
• Wake Up Call. Finally something that actually listens... and responds! The Moshi Interactive Voice Response Alarm Clock is voice or touch activated. The clock responds to voice commands such as "Time," "Temperature," "Alarm" and so much more. Now there are no excuses for being late to class.
• Quick Study. There's no reason you can't be comfortable while getting work done. The My Place Bed Desk will help you knock out that term paper from the couch, bed or even your favorite chair. Folds down for storage and comes with an LED light and built in mouse pad.
• All Charged Up. With all of the wireless gadgets students carry these days, cell phones, PDA's and MP3 players, a great organizational accessory is a charging station. This unique item keeps all of your wireless wonders together and conveniently charges them while keeping the cords out of sight.
With the wide array of products student have to select from, it's easy to transform any dorm room from drab to fab. Whether shopping in stores nationwide or online at bedbathandbeyond.com, let Bed Bath & Beyond be your one-stop-shop for all your back to college needs.