Methods’ ETC 9 for fashion & sewn-products industries
October 15, 2009 - United States Of America
Methods Workshop LLC announces its all-new Engineered TruCost Version 9 (ETC 9), the next-generation release of its acclaimed standard data costing and methods engineering software solution for the fashion and sewn-products industries. ETC 9 couples the company’s 27 years of standard data systems experience with the latest Microsoft technologies to deliver a completely redesigned system that significantly advances the usability, capabilities, and benefits of this industry benchmark solution.
In company tests, ETC 9.0 performs up to 60% faster than prior versions while maintaining its documented predictive costing accuracy of ± 5% vs. actual production cost. Following in-depth internal testing and initial client production implementations, the new software is now available for general delivery worldwide.
“ETC 9 is much more flexible and extensible than our older system”, noted Diego Galeano, IT Analyst and Developer at childrenswear manufacturer C.I. Hermeco S.A. in Medellin, Colombia. “Thanks to Methods Workshop and their use of Microsoft technologies, we have been able to move all the data we needed from our old system into the new one. The usability of the new application has also improved significantly over previous versions and the learning curve is now shorter.”
Built on Microsoft’s .NET Framework and leveraging Microsoft’s SQL Server database software and Visual C# development tools, ETC 9 delivers powerful new capabilities and significantly improved performance through an entirely new, visually stunning user experience and rock-solid computing platform. Engineered TruCost maintains its core methods time measurement (MTM)-based standards that enable product developers and manufacturers to quickly and accurately predict product costs in advance of production, define operational best practices, and benchmark manufacturing performance against global standards.
ETC 9.0 comprises numerous new or improved time and cost-saving benefits, including:
• Simple drag & drop operation for creating styles and operations
• Clone existing styles/operations to streamline creation of new items
• Feature (sub-assembly) level costing enables quicker response to style changes
• Apply changes to one style, selective styles, or globally “where-used”
• Identify costs, production capacity, machine & thread requirements by factory or department
• Advanced search capabilities save time and eliminate redundancies
• Export style and operation details to Excel for specialized company outputs and evaluation
• Attach video, audio, image, and documents to styles, operations, or other system components
According to Methods Workshop President John Stern, “ETC 9.0 brings measurable new value to our current and future clients. Combining our industry-proven motion time standards with the latest Microsoft technology takes Engineered TruCost to a whole new level of usability, productivity, andprice-performance results.”
Other important performance, security, and usability features of ETC 9.0 include:
• Browser-style back/forward navigation; drop-down navigation to recent pages
• System setup time reduced to a single day in most cases
• Convenient concurrent user licensing; multi-language and multi-currency
• Enhanced user access control; system security at the user or role levels
• Flexibility to create and add company-specific time/motion values to system elements
• Re-engineered, automated change log for improved administrative control
• Library of preconfigured reports; create custom reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
Methods Workshop is a leading developer and marketer of engineering and costing software solutions for the global fashion and sewn-products industries. Since its inception in 1982, Methods Workshop has provided more than 400 apparel, footwear, furniture, home fashion, transportation, industrial textiles and other sewn-products companies with the systems, certification, consulting, training and support they need to increase competitiveness and accelerate speed to market.