Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Mongolia's Gobi Corporation to enter US market this year

Mongolia's Gobi Corporation to enter US market this year

03
Aug '19
Pic: Shutterstock
Pic: Shutterstock
Gobi Corporation, the largest cashmere manufacturer of Mongolia, has announced its plans to enter the US market by September 2019. The subsidiary Gobi Cashmere USA will be located in Los Angeles. Gobi will also be launching an e-commerce website specially dedicated to US customers. This was announced during the recent visit of Mongolian President to the US.
 
Gobi Corporation currently supplies high-quality raw cashmere products onto the international market. However, its presence in the US market has been niche due to the fierce competition from China. As of now, Gobi Corporation has its franchise stores in Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
 
"The increased trade between the US and Mongolia will benefit many stakeholders in the supply chain of cashmere including the consumers, nomads, employees and the economical trade between both countries," Gobi said in a media statement.
 
The nomads of Mongolia rely on the sale of their raw cashmere to manufacturers for half of the annual income, which is highly needed for the education of their children and other costs that are incurred during the year. As goats are one of the herds that are valued and herded by the nomads, the raw cashmere that is being provided onto the market will be supplied regardless of the demand by the nomads. Besides, Mongolian traditional nomadic way of coexisting with livestock gives the special feature of differentiation to cashmere sourced from Mongolian land, in terms of traditional heritage, care for the goats and humane way of treatment.
 
Gobi corporation has more than 2,800 employees and 80 per cent of them are females.
 
Mongolia, a landlocked country sandwiched between Russia and China, supplies around 48 per cent of the total raw cashmere to the world market which makes the country the second-largest raw cashmere supplier of the world, yet the country utilises only 15 per cent of it to make ready-to-wear finished cashmere garments locally. Remaining 85 per cent of the raw cashmere is sold as a semi-processed material to other markets with less added value, which is becoming the focus area of the Mongolian government and domestic cashmere manufacturers. The US, on the other hand, is the second largest cashmere consumer country. (RKS)

Fibre2Fashion News Desk – India


Must ReadView All

Pic: Shutterstock

Textiles | On 20th Aug 2019

Egyptian govt allocated EGP 21 bn to boost cotton

Egypt's ministry of public business sector has allocated EGP 21...

Pic: Google

Information Technology | On 20th Aug 2019

Macy's uses Google Cloud to streamline retail operations

Macy's, one of world's largest retailers, has become a Google Cloud...

Pic: Tapestry

Fashion | On 20th Aug 2019

Tapestry net sales climb 2% to $1.51 bn in Q4 2019

Net sales for Tapestry, a house of modern luxury accessories and...

Interviews View All

Top executives, Textile industry

Top executives
Textile industry

The foremost issue is bridging the skill gap

Janak Dhamanwala & Sunil Dhamanwala, Jansun

Janak Dhamanwala & Sunil Dhamanwala
Jansun

Moving towards sustainability is also a social change

Office bearers, Textile industry

Office bearers
Textile industry

There might be negative impact on garment exports

Umang Banthia,

Umang Banthia

Established in 2005, SL Banthia Textiles manufactures coated fabrics....

Milva Morani,

Milva Morani

Brighi Technologies began in 1970 with trading and repairing sewing...

Italtex,

Italtex

Italtex is a leading studio publishing fabric trend-books since 1959....

Justin Gutierrez, INDA

Justin Gutierrez
INDA

The Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry (INDA) has created a new...

Suresh Patel, Sidwin Fabric

Suresh Patel
Sidwin Fabric

Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...

Kai Poehler, Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG

Kai Poehler
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG

The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...

Rajesh Pratap Singh, Rajesh Pratap Singh

Rajesh Pratap Singh
Rajesh Pratap Singh

<div>Ace fashion designer <b>Rajesh Pratap Singh</b> has used Tencel to...

Hemant & Nandita, Hemant & Nandita

Hemant & Nandita
Hemant & Nandita

The designer duo of Hemant &amp; Nandita are known for being inspired by...

Divvya and Nidhhi Gambhir, Walnut

Divvya and Nidhhi Gambhir
Walnut

<b>Divvya and Nidhhi Gambhir</b> started their career with the launch of...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


August 2019

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Advanced Search