Fiscal 2013 first quarter highlights:
- Net sales were $69.2 million, up 14.8 percent, with mattress fabric sales up 18.0 percent and upholstery fabric sales up 11.1 percent, as compared to the same quarter last year. This is the company’s highest total sales for the first quarter period in eight years.
- Pre-tax income was $5.4 million, up 81.2 percent from the first quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Adjusted net income (non-GAAP) was $4.3 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, for the current quarter, compared with $2.4 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, for the prior year period. Net income (GAAP) was $3.5 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, compared with net income of $1.8 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, in the prior year period.
- The company’s financial position remained strong with a total cash position of $27.1 million and total debt of $9.9 million as of July 29, 2012.
- During the quarter, the company repurchased 47,296 of its outstanding shares, for $470,000. Subsequent to the end of first quarter, the company repurchased an additional 455,299 shares for $4.5 million. Since June 2011, the company has repurchased 1,127,054 shares, or 8.5 percent of its outstanding shares, for a total of $10.4 million.
- The company also announced a new authorization of additional share repurchases up to $2.0 million.
- The company paid a cash dividend of $0.03 per share during the quarter. This was the first dividend paid since fiscal 2001.
- The projection for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 is for overall sales to be up 2 to 6 percent as compared to the same period last year. Pre-tax income is expected to be in the range of $3.0 million to $3.7 million. Pre-tax income for the second quarter of fiscal 2012 was $2.9 million.
Commenting on the results, Frank Saxon, president and chief executive officer of Culp, Inc., said, “We are pleased with our first quarter performance, marking a solid start to fiscal 2013. These results reflect better than expected sales momentum through the summer months in both of our businesses.
“We have continued to experience a favorable customer response to our outstanding design capabilities and wide range of innovative products. Our flexible and global manufacturing platform has enhanced our ability to develop new and exciting products and meet the changing style demands of our customers.
| On 2nd Aug 2021
The declining trend of China’s garment exports is in line with the...
| On 2nd Aug 2021
Despite continued restrictions, the Italian leader in luxury goods...
| On 31st Jul 2021
As supply chain disruption remains a significant challenge, American...
Blockchains will be in heavy use by early adopters by 2025
International apparel brands
Launched first collection at onset of Covid
Sustainable and eco-friendly fibres remain in the minority
Dhruv Toshniwal & Udit Toshniwal
Launched a year ago, Fashions Pvt Limited conceptualises and sees D2C...
With the support of the first investors - Finland's Technical Research...
One of the first few Indian denim brands, Spykar, established in 1992, was ...
From May 14 to 17, international exhibitors will present the entire...
Michaela Griggs & Peggy Schulz
Founded in 1929, Barco Uniforms started as an apparel company for beauty...
German company Dilo Group is one of the leading equipment suppliers of...
Megha Kumari & Jigar Mali
Label Megha & Jigar
New Delhi based label Megha & Jigar blends India's unique handcrafts...
Twee In One
Best known for convertible clothing, Indian brand Twee In One by designer...
A Humming Way
A Humming Way (AHW) is inspired by the old-world regalia of Rajasthan...
Letter to Editor
Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.
Subscribe today and get the latest information on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel.