Production for NSW was up by 21% to 604,000 tonnes for the period, while Queensland's production rose by 6% to 369,000 tonnes.
The ABS also reported the area of land used for agriculture in Australia fell by 1% in 2011-12, to 405 million ha. However, the area planted to crops remained steady over the period at 32.0 million ha.
Of Australia's total land area, approximately 53% was used for agriculture. The highest proportion of use, 79% of state area, was Queensland.
Other key national facts for the period, as reported by the ABS:
-121,000 businesses reported agriculture as their main activity, with beef cattle the largest sector (comprising almost one-third of businesses)
- 14,700 businesses undertook agricultural operations as a secondary activity
- the canola harvest was also the largest on record at 3.4 million tonnes
- wheat production increased by 9% over the previous year, to 29.9 million tonnes
- lupin production increased nationally by 22% to 982,000 tonnes
- the area planted to sugar cane for crushing increased by 10% to 339,000 tonnes, although production only rose by 3% over the previous year to 26.0 million tonnes
Palod Himson Machines
Fabric processing machines are picking up
The S Studio
Ethnicwear market will see an upward trend if uniqueness and quality are...
GST will certainly reduce a lot of paperwork in future
Italian company Marzoli is a leading manufacturer of the complete line of...
Fabusse is a Lebanon-based fashion agency that offers a variety of...
Conceived in Europe and curated in New Delhi, NeceSera is a...
The Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry (INDA) has created a new...
Mr Ambrose Chan
DSG International (Thailand) PLC
Swerea IVF AB
Marten Alkhagen, Senior Scientist - Nonwoven and Technical Textiles of...
India Boulevard is a San Francisco-based curated fashion marketplace that...
She has carved a niche for herself as the national brand of Turkey. Her...
Label Ritu Kumar
‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...