Second Quarter 2013 Highlights:
- Revenue of $525 million, up 12 percent versus $470 million in first quarter 2013
- Adjusted EBITDA of $101 million, up 38 percent versus $73 million in first quarter 2013
- Adjusted EBITDA margin of 19 percent improves from 15 percent in first quarter 2013
- Mineral Sands segment revenue of $312 million and adjusted EBITDA of $129 million
- Pigment segment revenue of $304 million and adjusted EBITDA of ($26) million
- Pigment revenue up 6 percent versus first quarter 2013, driven by 7 percent volume increase to reach highest level since third quarter 2011; selling prices declined 1 percent
- Board declared regular quarterly dividend of $0.25 per share payable on September 4, 2013 to shareholders of record of company's Class A and Class B ordinary shares at close of business on August 19, 2013
Tom Casey, chairman and CEO of Tronox, said: "Our second quarter financial results reflect continued growth in pigment and zircon sales volumes, as well as the increasingly apparent benefits of our vertical integration. Our Pigment segment delivered its third consecutive quarter of sequential volume increase and second consecutive quarter of revenue increase while selling prices are showing signs of stabilizing.
The average cost of feedstock in Pigment continued to decline relative to prior quarters and our finished pigment inventory is approaching near normal levels. In Mineral Sands, we saw our third consecutive quarter of robust sequential zircon volume and revenue gains while selling prices improved. Our vertical integration continues on plan with 80 percent of Mineral Sands' second quarter feedstock revenue derived from intercompany sales, up from 70 percent in the first quarter 2013."
Click here to read full results
‘One of the recent trends in hand block printing is the indigo process,...
'Hugo Boss works with carefully selected sourcing partners'
'In export markets, the trend in terms of embroidery, is towards matte...
Komal Texfab, founded in 1981, is into manufacturing of knitted fabrics,...
A textile finishing solution provider, Inspiron Engineering Private...
<div>New Delhi-based Brinjal Designs Pvt Ltd manufactures home furnishing...
UK-based Pireta has developed a unique free-form process to add durable,...
Birmingham City University (BCU)
<div>A technological breakthrough could see people getting messages about...
InvestKonsult Sweden AB
Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...
Silvia Venturini Fendi
"Yes, my confidence and positive attitude are my strengths and should be...
India Boulevard is a San Francisco-based curated fashion marketplace that...
Usha Social Services
The Usha Silai label from Usha International is all set for a retail...