Produced and presented by in collaboration with COVERGIRL and Pantene Pro-V, MFW Spring/Summer 2014 (S/S 2014) will feature the collections and celebrate the contributions that local designers are making to shape fashion in Canada and internationally.
“I am looking forward to my first MFW as President of the Board of Directors," said Jean-Pierre Desrosiers, whose appointment was announced in June.
"The team at Groupe Sensation Mode has been working tirelessly for months to ensure that this event, which brings together the major industry players, is an unforgettable milestone. The range of designers invited to participate this season is a reflection of local fashion, and includes as many emerging as established designers.”
Spring-summer 2014 collection launches
To mark the 25th anniversary of MFW, and to acknowledge the talent, contribution and creativity of local designers, Groupe Sensation Mode chose to invite designers to show their collections without charging a participation or production fee, a first for a fashion week in Montreal.
MFW S/S 2014 will feature collection launches from some 20 designers.
The program includes:
- Tuesday, September 3: Pedram Karimi, Muse par Christian Chenail, Bodybag by jude (15th anniversary), Dinh Bá Design (10th anniversary), Mélissa Nepton and UNTTLD;
- Thursday, September 5: Oldwig, atelier b., Cokluch, Nisse, Annie 50, Rush Couture and Helmer;
- Friday, September 6: Impair, Brit Wacher, Marilyne Baril, Caroline Constas, Xavier Laruelle, Ève Gravel, TRAVIS TADDEO (Spring 2014 presentation) and Martin Lim.
The program for Wednesday, September 4 will be dedicated to a series of off-site events:
- Cabinet Éphémère, a creators’ nomad boutique, is the first event for the general public produced by the Conseil des créateurs de mode du Québec. Taking place in the old Parisien movie theater, 20 creators will show their original artworks designed specifically for the event (from September 4-8).
- Old Montréal joins industry influencers to announce the FLASHMODE Old Montréal evening, presented by the Société de développement commercial du Vieux-Montréal (SDC). The event will showcase the neighbourhood's fashion identity and its offer of Québécois design. Taking place at Auberge St-Gabriel, it will focus on creative performance, innovative design and local talent. Artistic direction: Dick Walsh.
- As part of its day conferences, LaSalle College will welcome artistic director Annie Horth for a series on the industry's fashion icons.
MFW visitors will also have the oppotunity to enjoy the Clin d'oeil red carpet in collaboration with COVERGIRL and Pantene Pro-V.
“It’s a new start for MFW," said designer Christian Chenail. "I am very pleased to take part in a program that is inspiring and balanced."
"As the wind blows on fashion, as the water flows under the bridges of Montreal, years pass and creations do not look the same at fashion week in Montreal. The 25th edition is the best platform to showcase and promote our spring 2014 collection," said the Martin Lim duo.
Groupe Sensation Mode
| On 26th Oct 2021
UK retail sales volumes fell by 0.2 per cent in September following...
| On 26th Oct 2021
China has been the world's second-largest importer for 11 consecutive ...
While the prices of conventional cotton have more than doubled...
Donating 20,000 N95 masks to hospitals & NGOs
National Institute of Fashion Technology
Campus placements are low due to lockdowns
Liquidity is a primary issue in Indian context
German company Erbatech GmbH develops, designs and manufactures high end...
A part of the Italy based multinational company Artsana Group, Chicco is...
Mumbai-based Forsarees is a socially driven business enterprise, working...
UK-based Directa Plus is one of the largest producers and suppliers...
Non Woven Federation of India
The Non Woven Federation of India (NWFI), representing the regional...
<div>RocketLife, an award-winning developer of breakthrough visual...
Abhishek Bajaj & Samiksha Bajaj
Samshek is a fashion forward tech brand which combines digital experience...
Designer <b>Suman Nathwani</b> talks about her journey of opening a...
Label Reynu Taandon + Nikhita
Renowned womenswear designer <b>Reynu Taandon </b>has been serving the...
Letter to Editor
Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.
Subscribe today and get the latest information on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel.