New SMIT Gripper System to be on display at CINTE TECHTEXTIL
SMIT TEXTILE offers a complete range of optimal weaving technologies and solutions, ensuring best quality and maximum productivity in a wide range of technical textiles, from glass and carbon fabrics to industrial and heavy clothes, from conveyor belts to bolting clothes, from air bags to aramid protective fabrics.
SMIT TEXTILE new “920 Series” highlights
SMIT TEXTILE presents the new s GS920 series of rapier weaving machines designed according to the newest and comprehensive modularity concept that involves the whole SMIT TEXTILE's machines project - mechanical, electronic HW & SW and communication systems.
The new GS920 features allow to further enhance versatility and productivity, that represent the “plus” of SMIT TEXTILE machines.
The special design and the high quality of construction and components of GS920 machines become key strength to operate in the specialized application sector of technical fabrics.
The compact and deformation-free machine construction, together with special take-up and let off controls ensure optimal warp yarn load, superior fabric quality and high productivity.
The new DIRECT DRIVE control, with “high response” motor, flange-mounted on the main machine shaft, features:
• Instantaneous start-up for top fabric quality
• Simplicity of machine lay out, highly stiff drive trains for top performance
• Low energy consumption and low heat production
• Low vibration and noise level
The new SMIT Gripper System ensures the highest versatility and stable operations for every type of weft yarn, for mono- and multi-filaments, for all the range of mineral & synthetic fibers, for any delicate or coarse yarn.
Some example out of the whole range of SMIT TEXTILE weaving machines application are:
Minimum stress on warp ensured by:
- front shed designed to avoid friction points
- hard chromium plated press rollers to resist fibre glass wearing
Regular weft insertion thanks to:
- special grippers
- no guiding teeth going through the warp ->no friction on the warp yarn
- specific leno binding to avoid fabric distortion
Large range of yarn counts:
- yarn counting ranging above 900 tex
- double warp feeding for increased capacity available
Industrial and heavy fabrics
- High precision thanks to special let-off and back rest systems for high warp tension in combination with 1000 mm
- High cover factor thanks to heavier, stiffer and stronger sley bar and supports for very dense fabrics
- Dynamic rapier control
- Highest cover factor with special full width temple for high weft density and low cloth recoiling
- Delicate yarn handling ensured by special press rollers, no guiding teeth and laser warp stop
motion to avoid friction on warp threads.
- Excellent control of weft density
- Maximum precision in fabric thanks to dedicated sley bar movement , special heald frames movement and minimum back and front shed angle