Spring editions of Mipel and Mifur to be held in March 2009
Mipel, The International Leather Goods and Accessories Show, which has been the world's most important showcase for the leather industry over the past 40 years, has reached its 94th edition and is about to present important new things for buyers and professionals in the sector.
Held in Pavilions 8, 12 and 16 of Fieramilano Rho from Thursday, September 18 to Sunday, September 21, 2008, this strategically important event for the leather goods and accessories sectors will present Spring/Summer 2009 collections.
This trend-setting, innovative show of quality will host more than 400 exhibitors (one-third from abroad) presenting the best handbags, luggage, belts, leather accessories, and costume jewelry on the market in a 30,000 square meter exhibition space.
Starting with this edition, the 20,000 buyers arriving from all corners of the world (more than 50% are foreigners) will find an even more complete assortment of products, thanks to the debut in Pavilion 20 of Mifur Small Ville, the show for leather garments and fur capsule collections, that will be held at the same time as Mipel.
“Starting in March 2009, with Mifur at Fieramilano Rho, we will have the entire leather-fur industry beneath a single roof and on the same dates,” explained Mipel President Giorgio Cannara. “Companies and visitors will be able to benefit from this extensive offer.”
The spring editions of the two events will be held from March 4 to 7, 2009 (Mifur will close on March 8), at the same time as Micam and partially with Mido, the international footwear and eyewear shows.
Mipel and Mifur represent 9,500 companies that employ 60,000 persons and have a total turnover of 4 billion 807 million euros and exports amounting to 3 billion 404 million euros.
The buzzwords for Spring/Summer 2009 at Mipel will be luxury, balance, geometric shapes, and experimentation. Handbags will primarily be made of soft, sexy, light leathers and super-technical or very elaborate materials.
After the exasperated volumes of past seasons, balanced mid-sized bags have returned, even though there will also be a few oversized models.
To make visiting the show easier, the 94th Mipel will be divided into the following areas:
- Galleria, dedicated to famous designer labels, well-known brands, and producers of international collections;
- Glamour, featuring handbags, accessories and umbrellas in a variety of fashion trends that emerge each season;
- Fashion Trend and Accessories Trend, for companies presenting very creative and unique products. These products, designed for “free spirits”, range from the most innovative handbags and accessories to costume jewelry;
- Travel & Business, an area entirely devoted to travel items, trolleys, luggage, duffle bags, beauty cases, and coordinated cases, folders, and boxes;
- Overseas, an extensive and updated panorama of trends and products produced abroad;
- Startup, the space where new brands and lines are launched and promoted.