Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / FHAN seeks right to issue Certificate of Origin

FHAN seeks right to issue Certificate of Origin

24
May '10
In a bid to boost the exports of handicraft goods, Federation of Handicraft Association of Nepal (FHAN) has appealed the government to grant them the rights of issuing the Certificate of Origin (CO).

Since last two years, the association has been demanding for the certificate, but the government has not paid any attention towards this, informed Pushkar Man Shakya, the immediate past-president of FHAN.

Handicraft exports have experienced a steep fall due to lack of this certification. Escalating exports is the key requirement of the country's handicraft sector and this would be possible only with the right to issue CO. Shakya said that, the association needs certification authority from the government at the earliest possible.

During the initial nine months of the current fiscal, handicraft goods have witnessed an export plunge of around 11 percent, against the same period last year, revealed an export data report. Exports of textile products during this period, dropped down to 18.95 percent, while that of non-textile products, increased slightly by 0.78 per cent.

Pashmina, which stood as the highest contributor to the overall exports by sharing 18.6 percent to the total exports of the country last year, also witnessed 35.59 percent fall in its exports during these nine months, stated FHAN.

More so, the association is soon to launch Non Destructive Technology based Laboratory in co-operation with the Ministry of Industry (MoI).

For the purchase of Cadmium Testing and Metal Content machines, worth Rs 12 million, government will grant 49 percent funds, while the remaining 51 percent will be contributed by FHAN. Shakya said that, purchasing and bringing these testing machines in to the country, will be a lot easier if the government grants the certification authority.

Fibre2Fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Pic: Shutterstock

Textiles | On 12th May 2021

Economic recovery under threat amid surging COVID cases: UN

While the global growth outlook has improved, led by robust rebound...

Pic: 2p2play / Shutterstock.com

Retail | On 12th May 2021

Retailers need to consider changes as US emerges from pandemic: NPD

Millions of new remote and hybrid-remote workers, kids returning to...

Pic: Shutterstock

Textiles | On 12th May 2021

Uzbekistan exported textile products worth $637.7 million in Q1 2021

Uzbekistan exported textile products worth $637.7 million to 54...

Interviews View All

Textile Industry, Head honchos

Textile Industry
Head honchos

One thing is certain, online sales will go up

Textile Industry, Head honchos

Textile Industry
Head honchos

Great step towards realising end goal of 'AtmaNirbhar Bharat'

Textile Industry, Head honchos

Textile Industry
Head honchos

Value of 'Made in India' should get more importance

Bharat Ahuja,

Bharat Ahuja

A mono store brand, <b>Bharat Ahuja's</b> Desire Design Studio has emerged ...

Dhruv Toshniwal & Udit Toshniwal,

Dhruv Toshniwal & Udit Toshniwal

Launched a year ago, Fashions Pvt Limited conceptualises and sees D2C...

Shivendra Nigam,

Shivendra Nigam

Delhi-headquartered Cantabil Retail India Ltd was founded by Vijay Bansal...

Wolfgang Plasser, Lenzing AG

Wolfgang Plasser
Lenzing AG

The Lenzing Group is an international company headquartered in Austria...

Sameer Sonkusale & Rachel Owyeung, Tufts University

Sameer Sonkusale & Rachel Owyeung
Tufts University

A team at the Tufts University in Massachusetts was recently in news for...

Silverio Baranzano, Fitesa

Silverio Baranzano
Fitesa

Fitesa is a leader in the nonwoven fabrics industry, specialising in...

Ruma Devi, Gramin Vikas Evam Chetna Sansthan

Ruma Devi
Gramin Vikas Evam Chetna Sansthan

Ruma Devi is a jet-setting promoter of artisans who has empowered...

Suman Nathwani, Suman Nathwani

Suman Nathwani
Suman Nathwani

Designer <b>Suman Nathwani</b> talks about her journey of opening a...

Sweta Tantia, Tahweave & Garo

Sweta Tantia
Tahweave & Garo

Designer Sweta Tantia owns Garo, a couture indutva or ethnicwear brand,...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


May 2021

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.


Advanced Search