First quarter 2014 results:
- Revenue grew 9 percent year over year to $275.1 million
- Revenue grew 9 percent year over year excluding the impact of currency exchange rate fluctuations
- GAAP net income per diluted share increased year over year to $0.01
- Non-GAAP adjusted net income per diluted share increased 28 percent year over year to $0.32
“Our first quarter revenue results were consistent with our expectations across all geographic regions, and we continued to make good progress against our strategic initiatives,” said Robert Keane, president and chief executive officer. “Our operating profitability this quarter was also in line with our expectations. With the first quarter behind us, we are focused on delivering against our holiday expectations during our second quarter, as well as continued improvement of our customer value proposition globally and our marketing execution in Europe.”
Consolidated Financial Metrics:
- Revenue for the first quarter of fiscal year 2014 grew to $275.1 million, a 9 percent increase over revenue of $251.4 million reported in the same quarter a year ago. Excluding the estimated impact from currency exchange rate fluctuations, total revenue also grew 9 percent year over year in the first quarter.
- Gross margin (revenue minus the cost of revenue as a percent of total revenue) in the first quarter was 65.2 percent, up from 65.0 percent in the same quarter a year ago.
- Operating income in the first quarter was $8.4 million, or 3.1 percent of revenue, and reflected an increase compared to operating income of $0.2 million, or 0.1 percent of revenue, in the same quarter a year ago.
Click here to read full results
Textiles | On 17th Aug 2018
China and Kazakhstan have immense potential to cooperate in textiles...
Textiles | On 17th Aug 2018
The Australian Wool Exchange (AWEX) Eastern Market Indicator (EMI)...
Apparel/Garments | On 17th Aug 2018
VF Corporation, one of the largest apparel, footwear and accessories...
‘As a brand, Puma is always looking for new and innovative ways to inspire ...
Shri Dinesh Mills Limited
Broad range of fabrics will sell well this financial year
Indian fashion industry
Cotton consumption will keep growing in the Indian fashion industry
Manila-based CustomThread is a start-up offering premium custom apparel...
Komal Texfab, founded in 1981, is into manufacturing of knitted fabrics,...
Kusumgar Corporates is a leading manufacturer of technical textiles and...
Atlanta-based private start-up Brrr° was founded in 2014 to develop...
Nature Works LLC
Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...
Technical Absorbents Ltd
Mark Paterson, R&D manager of Technical Absorbents Ltd talks about Super...
Aditi Somani specialises in luxury fusion wear with international cuts and ...
Golfwear and menswear brand Devereux is set for greener pastures. Robert...
She has carved a niche for herself as the national brand of Turkey. Her...