Kronos Workforce Central 6.1 rapidly achieving widespread adoption
Kronos Incorporated announced an overwhelmingly enthusiastic response to version 6.1 of its Workforce Central suite. Released in February, Workforce Central 6.1 includes hundreds of features and ease-of-use enhancements that underscore Kronos' commitment to deliver solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. More than 600 organizations have selected 6.1 and nearly 100 customers are already live on the new version.
• Enhanced ERP Integration — Enhanced ERP integration is a key motivator for customers to upgrade. Many organizations are finding that the “free” time and labor solutions offered by their ERP vendors require complicated, time-consuming, and costly customization to meet even the most basic requirements.
• Low Total Cost of Ownership — Kronos invested heavily in 6.1 to expand the list of supported third-party tools, streamline ongoing maintenance, and significantly reduce the size of its application footprint. New integration and device management tools eliminate the need for dedicated servers and support for various system monitoring tools allows organizations to leverage their existing infrastructure and minimize support costs.
• Complete Automation — Workforce Central 6.1 enables organizations to completely automate their workforce management processes. Unique features that only Kronos offers provide organizations with real-time information to help them make better decisions. Examples include:
- Workforce Alerts which proactively minimize compliance risk and control overtime costs by identifying employees who are about to violate a work rule or accrue overtime and alerting a manager to the situation so they can rectify it.
- Workforce Worksheet which allow users to easily and securely bring Kronos and third-party data into the Microsoft Excel environment to format, summarize, chart, and analyze labor information.
• Global Ready — Workforce Central 6.1 strengthens Kronos global capabilities and delivers enhancements such as an expanded library of languages; support for a broad range of local government regulations and business practices; and a new multi-currency feature which allows organizations to manage currency at both a local and corporate level.
Mary Jane Febonio, manager of business systems, Gorton's seafood company
“We are a long-time Kronos customer, having managed our time and labor with Kronos for more than 13 years. One of the key factors in deciding to upgrade to 6.1 is that it is easy to do. 6.1 will give us a more individualized look and feel and we are excited about the enhanced Business Intelligence (BI) reporting which will fit in nicely with our own BI strategy.”
Peter Youngblood, vice president, finance and administration, Pellerin Minor Corporation
“Workforce Central 6.1 provides us with visibility into managing our labor in a way that out-of-the-box ERP solutions just can't. Kronos extends the value of our ERP solution, enabling us to better manage labor to business volume and ultimately make better real-time decisions.”
Marc Schneider, information technology manager, Cascade Healthcare Community
"With the upgrade to version 6.1, we reduced the number of servers needed to run Kronos from three to two. In doing this, we have saved significant time and money and increased the productivity of our employees.”