The basic mechanism in any type of loom can be classified as mentioned below:
a. Shedding: The Shedding opens the Warp sheet into layers to facilitate passage of weft.
b. Picking: The Picking motion propels the weft from one end of the loom to the other.
c. Beat Up: The beating motion lays the previously laid weft to the fell of the cloth.
a. Take Up Motion: Take up motion is an arrangement to wind the cloth on to the cloth roller.
b. Let Off Motion: The Let off motion is an arrangement to let the warp from the Weaver's beam at uniform rate thus maintaining the appropriate warp tension throughout the Weaving process.
a. Warp Stop Motion: The warp stop motion stops the loom in the event of warp breakage.
b. Weft Stop Motion: The weft stop motion stops the loom in the event of weft breakage or exhaustion.
In modern looms, we are achieving better efficiency with good productivity because provisions are given with Microprocessor based controls so weaving team can analyze following details in time and action prevents the losses at Grey stage.
1. More Warp Breakages
2. More Weft Breakages
3. Stoppages due to Mechanical reasons
4. Idle Stops in terms of Breakage per Hour
5. Time taken by weaver to attend the loom
6. Alarms for due Maintenance / Lubrication Schedule
7. Production evaluation in terms of Loom Efficiency, Woven Meters, Picks Inserted, Total loom running hours etc.
8. Control on piece length by alarming Signals.
9. Graphical analysis to control cost of production, various defect occurrence during running loom, etc.
10. Weave change is possible without any mechanical changes.
11. RPM of loom can be changed without replacing Motor Pulley.
12. PPI can be changed from Microprocessor.
13. Less wear and tear as Reed Vibrations, loose parts may be recognized from loom display before break down.
MODERN LOOMS WITH DIFFERENT WEFT INSERTION SYSTEM:
1. Projectile Technology:
D 1 & D2 is the standard steel projectiles with small and large Grippers for the majority of commercial yarns. Recently a company introduced K 3 as synthetic