January to June
· Net sales grew by 13.1% to EUR 38.5 million (34.0).
- International sales grew by 28.1% to EUR 16.0 million (12.5). Strong growth in the Asia-Pacific region continued and sales rose by 35.7%. Growth in North America amounted to 60.9%.
- Sales in Finland rose by 4.4% with strong growth in retailing, reaching EUR 22.5 million (21.6).
· Operating result was EUR -1.5 million (-0.4). A drag on earnings was exerted by a decrease in wholesale sales in Finland, North America and Scandinavia, increased costs of the Helsinki head office and the country organizations in the United States and Sweden, and a rise in depreciation.
· Cash flow from operating activities was EUR -0.5 million (-2.3).
· Investments were EUR 3.9 million (3.2).
· Brand sales grew by 4.2%, reaching EUR 83.2 million (79.8).
April to June
· Net sales grew by 17.2% to EUR 19.7 million (16.8).
· Operating result was EUR -0.5 million (-0.8).
· Cash flow from operating activities was EUR 2.0 million (-0.4).
· Market outlook and growth targets
The new stores opened during 2011 will, together with other significant investments in the expansion of the distribution network, generate a substantial increase in sales in 2012. In addition, the company aims to open between 10 and 20 new stores during this year, about half of which would be owned by Marimekko. Four stores were opened in the first half of the year; the number of openings scheduled for the second half of the year has currently been confirmed as 14. This total of 18 new Marimekko stores is divided as follows: 11 company-owned stores, four retailer-owned stores and three shop-in-shops.
The planned total investments for 2012 of the Marimekko Group are estimated as being in excess of EUR 6 million. The majority of investments will be directed at building new store premises and purchasing new furniture.
Textiles | On 29th Apr 2017
The textile sector could have a uniform Goods and Services Tax (GST)...
Textiles | On 30th Apr 2017
Indian Government is working to revamp the technology mission on...
Apparel/Garments | On 30th Apr 2017
Columbia Sportswear Company has announced record net sales of $543.8...
Zenitex Mill Pvt Ltd
Full of green energy
'In export markets, the trend in terms of embroidery, is towards matte...
Navigating through catalogues is a bit hasslesome
Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...
Giorgio Mantovani, MD of Corman, with a presence in both Milano and New...
Biovation II LLC
Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...
Sonam and Paras Modi's Sva Couture is synonymous with head-turning...
Rupa Sood and Sharan Apparao
Nayaab, an exhibition meant to celebrate Indian weaves, is in its second...
Bridal couture created with rich Indian heritage, exquisite craftsmanship...
Apparel/Garments | On 28th Apr 2017