January to June
· Net sales grew by 13.1% to EUR 38.5 million (34.0).
- International sales grew by 28.1% to EUR 16.0 million (12.5). Strong growth in the Asia-Pacific region continued and sales rose by 35.7%. Growth in North America amounted to 60.9%.
- Sales in Finland rose by 4.4% with strong growth in retailing, reaching EUR 22.5 million (21.6).
· Operating result was EUR -1.5 million (-0.4). A drag on earnings was exerted by a decrease in wholesale sales in Finland, North America and Scandinavia, increased costs of the Helsinki head office and the country organizations in the United States and Sweden, and a rise in depreciation.
· Cash flow from operating activities was EUR -0.5 million (-2.3).
· Investments were EUR 3.9 million (3.2).
· Brand sales grew by 4.2%, reaching EUR 83.2 million (79.8).
April to June
· Net sales grew by 17.2% to EUR 19.7 million (16.8).
· Operating result was EUR -0.5 million (-0.8).
· Cash flow from operating activities was EUR 2.0 million (-0.4).
· Market outlook and growth targets
The new stores opened during 2011 will, together with other significant investments in the expansion of the distribution network, generate a substantial increase in sales in 2012. In addition, the company aims to open between 10 and 20 new stores during this year, about half of which would be owned by Marimekko. Four stores were opened in the first half of the year; the number of openings scheduled for the second half of the year has currently been confirmed as 14. This total of 18 new Marimekko stores is divided as follows: 11 company-owned stores, four retailer-owned stores and three shop-in-shops.
The planned total investments for 2012 of the Marimekko Group are estimated as being in excess of EUR 6 million. The majority of investments will be directed at building new store premises and purchasing new furniture.
Textiles | On 2nd Dec 2016
The currency crisis in India, marked by insufficient supply of new...
Textiles | On 2nd Dec 2016
There is huge potential for increase in nylon consumption said...
Apparel/Garments | On 2nd Dec 2016
Aditya Birla Retail and Fashion Ltd. (ABFRL) is establishing a new...
Mukesh Agarwal & Rajesh Agarwal
Madhuram Fincap Pvt Ltd
Increasing prices and lack of demand main issues facing industry
‘The terms eco-friendly and organic are common but everyone perceives them ...
Online remains the best destination for shopping
Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...
Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...
Technical Absorbents Ltd
Mark Paterson, R&D manager of Technical Absorbents Ltd talks about Super...
Designers Pranav Mishra and Shyma Shetty’s Huemn is known for its...
Hyderabad-based designer Prathyusha Garimella is known for blending...
Golfwear and menswear brand Devereux is set for greener pastures. Robert...
Apparel/Garments | On 30th Nov 2016