January to June
· Net sales grew by 13.1% to EUR 38.5 million (34.0).
- International sales grew by 28.1% to EUR 16.0 million (12.5). Strong growth in the Asia-Pacific region continued and sales rose by 35.7%. Growth in North America amounted to 60.9%.
- Sales in Finland rose by 4.4% with strong growth in retailing, reaching EUR 22.5 million (21.6).
· Operating result was EUR -1.5 million (-0.4). A drag on earnings was exerted by a decrease in wholesale sales in Finland, North America and Scandinavia, increased costs of the Helsinki head office and the country organizations in the United States and Sweden, and a rise in depreciation.
· Cash flow from operating activities was EUR -0.5 million (-2.3).
· Investments were EUR 3.9 million (3.2).
· Brand sales grew by 4.2%, reaching EUR 83.2 million (79.8).
April to June
· Net sales grew by 17.2% to EUR 19.7 million (16.8).
· Operating result was EUR -0.5 million (-0.8).
· Cash flow from operating activities was EUR 2.0 million (-0.4).
· Market outlook and growth targets
The new stores opened during 2011 will, together with other significant investments in the expansion of the distribution network, generate a substantial increase in sales in 2012. In addition, the company aims to open between 10 and 20 new stores during this year, about half of which would be owned by Marimekko. Four stores were opened in the first half of the year; the number of openings scheduled for the second half of the year has currently been confirmed as 14. This total of 18 new Marimekko stores is divided as follows: 11 company-owned stores, four retailer-owned stores and three shop-in-shops.
The planned total investments for 2012 of the Marimekko Group are estimated as being in excess of EUR 6 million. The majority of investments will be directed at building new store premises and purchasing new furniture.
Apparel/Garments | On 25th Jun 2017
Adobe has released its first Digital Price Index for apparels,...
Textiles | On 25th Jun 2017
First Insight, a technology company transforming how retailers make...
‘Portugal is taking away a major share of the mill made sector.’
Competition is the best thing that can happen to a startup
Indo Count Retail Ventures
Today, there is no other emerging market as India, "we make in India and...
Urs Stalder, CEO, Sanitized AG, talks about the increasing use of hygiene...
Suominen Corporation is a manufacturer of nonwovens as roll goods for...
Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...
Bridal couture created with rich Indian heritage, exquisite craftsmanship...
Sonam and Paras Modi's Sva Couture is synonymous with head-turning...
Occasions Elegance Wear
It is believed that by early 19th century, Varanasi weavers had moved away ...
Apparel/Garments | On 23rd Jun 2017