January to June
· Net sales grew by 13.1% to EUR 38.5 million (34.0).
- International sales grew by 28.1% to EUR 16.0 million (12.5). Strong growth in the Asia-Pacific region continued and sales rose by 35.7%. Growth in North America amounted to 60.9%.
- Sales in Finland rose by 4.4% with strong growth in retailing, reaching EUR 22.5 million (21.6).
· Operating result was EUR -1.5 million (-0.4). A drag on earnings was exerted by a decrease in wholesale sales in Finland, North America and Scandinavia, increased costs of the Helsinki head office and the country organizations in the United States and Sweden, and a rise in depreciation.
· Cash flow from operating activities was EUR -0.5 million (-2.3).
· Investments were EUR 3.9 million (3.2).
· Brand sales grew by 4.2%, reaching EUR 83.2 million (79.8).
April to June
· Net sales grew by 17.2% to EUR 19.7 million (16.8).
· Operating result was EUR -0.5 million (-0.8).
· Cash flow from operating activities was EUR 2.0 million (-0.4).
· Market outlook and growth targets
The new stores opened during 2011 will, together with other significant investments in the expansion of the distribution network, generate a substantial increase in sales in 2012. In addition, the company aims to open between 10 and 20 new stores during this year, about half of which would be owned by Marimekko. Four stores were opened in the first half of the year; the number of openings scheduled for the second half of the year has currently been confirmed as 14. This total of 18 new Marimekko stores is divided as follows: 11 company-owned stores, four retailer-owned stores and three shop-in-shops.
The planned total investments for 2012 of the Marimekko Group are estimated as being in excess of EUR 6 million. The majority of investments will be directed at building new store premises and purchasing new furniture.
Textiles | On 21st Jun 2018
ITMA, the trendsetting textile and garment technology platform, will...
Textiles | On 21st Jun 2018
Protectionism is the biggest political factor and threat affecting...
Hindoostan Innovation Centre
‘Modern technical textile is an indispensable tool for science and...
Indian retail players
Walmart's acquisition of Flipkart endorses the humongous opportunities in...
Orange O Tec
Contemporary industry is paying more and more attention to the...
Sushila International, a well established textile organisation established ...
<div>New Delhi-based Brinjal Designs Pvt Ltd manufactures home furnishing...
Colorjet is among the fastest-growing wide format digital inkjet print...
Nature Works LLC
Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...
Schlegel und Partner
Silke Brand-Kirsch, executive partner of Schlegel und Partner, a leading...
The Indian market has huge potential in technical textiles, and by far,...
"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...
"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...
Gildan Activewear SRL
Gildan Activewear, a manufacturer and marketer of branded clothing and...