“Our sustainability work strengthens KappAhl’s offer to the customer. With Future, Friendly, Fashion we show that these issues are high on our agenda and it also gives us the opportunity to clearly communicate our efforts,” says KappAhl's President and CEO Johan Åberg.
The fashion chain has chosen to gather its sustainability work under Future, Friendly, Fashion in connection with the launch of this year's sustainability report. Future stands for environmental work, Friendly represents work with social issues, and Fashion works towards more sustainable fashion in the customer's wardrobe.
KappAhl continues its sustainability work in 2013:
- Continuing the work on the Code of Conduct concerning wages and other compensation, right of trade union work, child labour, job security, fire protection etc.
- Expanding the work on reducing the consumption of water, energy, and chemicals in the production together with colleagues in the industry and professional organisations.
- Continuing the work on increasing the amount of sustainably cultivated cotton together with colleagues in the industry and professional organisations.
- Continuing the reduction in transportation with a high share of carbon dioxide emissions.
- Preserving the large share of employees, 97%, who proudly recommend KappAhl as a workplace.
- Continue to contribute to the number of sustainable garments in the customer’s wardrobe.
KappAhl was founded in 1953 and is a leading fashion chain with 400 stores and 4,500 employees in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Poland and the Czech Republic. KappAhl sells affordable fashion to a wide range of consumers – women, men and children – with a particular focus on women in the 30 to 50 age group with families.
All KappAhl garments are designed by our own fashion team. KappAhl was the first fashion chain to be environmentally certified, in 1999. KappAhl’s sales for the financial year 2011/2012 totaled approximately SEK 4.6 billion.
Textiles | On 25th Mar 2017
The implementation of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) bill in India...
Textiles | On 25th Mar 2017
Monoethylene glycol (MEG) producer MEGlobal plans to construct a new...
e-Commerce is still evolving fast with constant flux and surprises
We are using Facebook and Instagram to promote ourselves
Every fifth sale we make on Zapyle is a repeat purchase
Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...
Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.
Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...
Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...
<b>Sanjukta Dutta</b> creates unique garments by clubbing prints of...
Gildan Activewear SRL
Gildan Activewear, a manufacturer and marketer of branded clothing and...
Somaiya Kala Vidya
Among the many honours showered on Frater, including Fulbright and Ford...
Apparel/Garments | On 25th Mar 2017