“Our sustainability work strengthens KappAhl’s offer to the customer. With Future, Friendly, Fashion we show that these issues are high on our agenda and it also gives us the opportunity to clearly communicate our efforts,” says KappAhl's President and CEO Johan Åberg.
The fashion chain has chosen to gather its sustainability work under Future, Friendly, Fashion in connection with the launch of this year's sustainability report. Future stands for environmental work, Friendly represents work with social issues, and Fashion works towards more sustainable fashion in the customer's wardrobe.
KappAhl continues its sustainability work in 2013:
- Continuing the work on the Code of Conduct concerning wages and other compensation, right of trade union work, child labour, job security, fire protection etc.
- Expanding the work on reducing the consumption of water, energy, and chemicals in the production together with colleagues in the industry and professional organisations.
- Continuing the work on increasing the amount of sustainably cultivated cotton together with colleagues in the industry and professional organisations.
- Continuing the reduction in transportation with a high share of carbon dioxide emissions.
- Preserving the large share of employees, 97%, who proudly recommend KappAhl as a workplace.
- Continue to contribute to the number of sustainable garments in the customer’s wardrobe.
KappAhl was founded in 1953 and is a leading fashion chain with 400 stores and 4,500 employees in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Poland and the Czech Republic. KappAhl sells affordable fashion to a wide range of consumers – women, men and children – with a particular focus on women in the 30 to 50 age group with families.
All KappAhl garments are designed by our own fashion team. KappAhl was the first fashion chain to be environmentally certified, in 1999. KappAhl’s sales for the financial year 2011/2012 totaled approximately SEK 4.6 billion.
Textiles | On 22nd Oct 2016
The Central government is likely to extend the recently approved Rs...
Apparel/Garments | On 22nd Oct 2016
Reebok, a pioneer in the sporting goods industry, has brought sneaker ...
Reed Exhibitions India, organiser of Asian Machine Tool Exhibition 2016
'Major problem in the textile machinery manufacturing industry is the lack ...
‘New vendor is welcome if he offers cost, quality and timely delivery’
We are ready to adopt or follow every opportunity
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG
The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...
Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...
The Indian market has huge potential in technical textiles, and by far,...
Apparel/Garments | On 21st Oct 2016