Adjusted earnings per share for the 53-week year ended Feb. 2, 2013, which exclude certain significant items, were $2.92 compared to $2.60 for the year ended Jan. 28, 2012. Adjusted operating income was $1.707 billion in 2012 compared to $1.546 billion in 2011, and adjusted net income was $866.7 million compared to $817.3 million in 2011.
Including significant items, reported 2012 53-week full-year earnings per share were $2.54 compared to $2.70 for the 52-week 2011; operating income was $1.573 billion compared to $1.238 billion in 2011; and net income was $753.0 million compared to $850.1 million in 2011.
The company reported a comparable stores sales increase of 6% for the 53-week year ended Feb. 2, 2013, compared to the 53 weeks ended Feb. 4, 2012. Net sales were $10.459 billion for the 53-week year ended Feb. 2, 2013, compared to $10.364 billion for the 52 weeks ended Jan. 28, 2012.
Fourth quarter 2011 and 2011 full-year sales included $13.1 million and $702.4 million attributable to the third party apparel sourcing business, which was sold in November 2011.
Fourth Quarter Results
Adjusted earnings per share for the 14-week fourth quarter ended Feb. 2, 2013, which exclude certain significant items as detailed below, were $1.76 compared to $1.50 for the 13-week fourth quarter ended Jan. 28, 2012. Fourth quarter adjusted operating income was $907.8 million compared to $786.5 million last year, and adjusted net income was $519.2 million compared to $459.2 million last year.
Including the significant items below, reported fourth quarter earnings per share were $1.39 compared to $1.17 last year; operating income was $787.8 million compared to $641.1 million last year; and net income was $411.4 million compared to $359.4 million last year.
Significant items are as follows:
In 2012 (totaling to a charge of $0.37 per share):
- A pre-tax, non-cash charge of $93.2 million, or $0.31 per share, related to intangible asset impairment at La Senza; and
- A pre-tax, non-cash charge of $26.9 million, or $0.06 per share, related to store fixed asset impairment at Henri Bendel.
- In 2011 (totaling to a charge of $0.33 per share)
- A pre-tax gain of $110.8 million, or $0.32 cents per share, related to the sale of our third party apparel sourcing business;
- A pre-tax, principally non-cash charge of $256.1 million, or $0.74 per share, related to intangible asset impairment and restructuring charges, including store closures, at La Senza; and
- A tax benefit of $28.4 million, or $0.09 cents per share, related to certain discrete tax matters.
- Comparable store sales for the 14-week fourth quarter ended Feb. 2, 2013, increased 5% compared to the 14 weeks ended Feb. 4, 2012. Net sales were $3.856 billion for the 14-week fourth quarter ended Feb. 2, 2013, compared to $3.515 billion for the 13 weeks ended Jan. 28, 2012. The fifth week in January 2013 represented approximately $125 million in sales.
Apparel/Garments | On 28th Jun 2017
Raymond, Indian textiles and apparel major, has decided to invest Rs...
Textiles | On 28th Jun 2017
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) is at long last all set to be rolled ...
Angelina Francesca Cheang
'Consumers in the age-group 21 to 38 are driving the activewear trend'
'In export markets, the trend in terms of embroidery, is towards matte...
‘Portugal is taking away a major share of the mill made sector.’
Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...
About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....
Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...
"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...
Somaiya Kala Vidya
Among the many honours showered on Frater, including Fulbright and Ford...
"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...
Apparel/Garments | On 28th Jun 2017