Home / Knowledge / News / Apparel/Garments / Lee Cooper to scale up its presence in India
Lee Cooper to scale up its presence in India
26
Apr '13
Lee Cooper, a renowned fashion apparel brand from London, is looking to ramp up its presence in India with inclusion of intimate wear in its already existing product range.
 
Briefing media, Andy Dunkley, CEO of Red Diamond Holdings Sarl, which owns the Lee Cooper brand, said while the European market is still struggling to come out of recession, they are working to ramp up their presence in India by launching new products. 
 
He said at present Lee Cooper mainly focuses on and caters to men’s apparel segment, but now they are even surveying the prospects of launching apparel and accessories line for women.
 
The brand is also planning to launch its first mono-brand outlet in India, in assistance with Delhi-based M&B Footwear, which is in a marketing and licensing deal with the company for past 18 years, he added.
 
Mr. Dunkely said association with M&B Footwear has paid off well to the company, and hence they feel that it is the right time for the brand to launch its mono-brand outlet in India.
 
Apparels now contribute about 60 percent of the firm’s revenue from India, while the rest 40 percent comes from footwear.
 
On sourcing from India, Mr. Dunkely said that though around 90 percent of the goods they sale in India are produced locally, the company’s overall sourcing from India remains below five percent, i.e. less than US$ 20 million, he added.
 

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Courtesy: BekaertDeslee

Textiles | On 23rd Oct 2017

BekaertDeslee to expand North American facility

BekaertDeslee, one of the largest manufacturer of mattress textiles...

Courtesy: A&E

Textiles | On 23rd Oct 2017

A&E unveils Magic using Repreve sewing thread

American & Efird (A&E), a leading developer of industrial and...

Courtesy: Messe Frankfurt

Textiles | On 23rd Oct 2017

Over 4,000 exhibitors attend Intertextile Shanghai 2017

Another successful Intertextile Shanghai Apparel Fabrics has wrapped...

Interviews View All

Mohammad Mamun Ar Rashid
UL VS Bangladesh Ltd

Productivity, creativity and innovation play a vital role in the growth of ...

Jim Desai
Blaiva Fabricaa

Fashion industry likely to remain labour-intensive in coming years

Shiladitya K Joshi
Truetzschler India Private Limited

India ITME provides a platform to interact with our stakeholders

Liz Manning

<div><b>Liz Manning</b>, Business Development Manager at Catexel, has...

Hardik Sanghvi

Idealin Fogging Systems has been engaged in designing and manufacturing...

Harsh Shah

Established in 1956 with a small beginning, Embee today manufactures a...

Eamonn Tighe
Nature Works LLC

Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...

Kerem Durdag
Biovation II LLC

Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...

Paolo Ocleppo
Sandvik Hyperion

Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...

Prathyusha Garimella
Prathyusha Garimella

Hyderabad-based designer <b>Prathyusha Garimella</b> is known for blending ...

Tony Ward
Tony Ward

"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...

Akta Adani
India Boulevard

India Boulevard is a San Francisco-based curated fashion marketplace that...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

October 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
77.1%
No
12.9%
Skip
10.0%

Total Votes: 70

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
61.4%
No
28.6%
Skip
10.0%

Total Votes: 70

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
85.7%
No
10.0%
Skip
4.3%

Total Votes: 70

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
75.7%
No
11.4%
Skip
12.9%

Total Votes: 70


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search