Fiscal 2013 Full Year Highlights
- Net sales were $268.8 million, up 5.6 percent from fiscal 2012, with mattress fabrics segment sales up 5.8 percent and upholstery fabrics segment sales up 5.4 percent over the prior year.
- Pre-tax income was $20.3 million, the highest level in 15 years, up 43 percent from $14.2 million in fiscal 2012.
- Adjusted net income (non-GAAP) was $17.4 million, or $1.40 per diluted share, compared with $11.6 million, or $0.90 per diluted share, for the prior year period.
- Net income (GAAP) was $18.3 million, or $1.47 per diluted share, compared with net income of $13.3 million, or $1.03 per diluted share, last year. Net income included a $2.0 million income tax expense, while net income for the previous year included a $902,000 income tax expense.
- Return on capital was 29 percent, the highest level since the company went public in 1983, compared with 22 percent in fiscal 2012.
- Free cash flow was $13.1 million, up from $6.6 million in fiscal 2012, after investing $11.0 million in working capital and capital expenditures. Cash flow from operations was $17.1 million, up from $12.0 million for the prior year.
- The company returned $12.6 million to shareholders, which equals approximately $1.00 per share, in the form of $7.6 million in cash dividends and $5.0 million in share repurchases.
-The company’s financial position remained strong with cash and cash equivalents and short term investments of $28.8 million and total debt of $7.2 million as of April 28, 2013, a net cash position of $21.6 million. This compares to a net cash position of $21.0 million at the end of fiscal 2012.
Fiscal 2013 Fourth Quarter Highlights:
- Net sales were $70.4 million, down 7.0 percent, with mattress fabric sales down 5.9 percent and upholstery fabric sales down 8.6 percent, compared with an exceptionally strong fourth quarter last year.
- Pre-tax income was $5.9 million, compared with $5.5 million in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Adjusted net income (non-GAAP) was $5.0 million, or $0.41 per diluted share, for the current quarter, compared with $4.5 million, or $0.35 per diluted share, for the prior year period. (Adjusted net income is calculated using estimated cash income tax expense. See the reconciliation to net income on page 7).
- Net income (GAAP) was $3.7 million, or $0.30 per diluted share, compared with net income of $3.4 million, or $0.27 per diluted share, in the prior year period.
- The company has increased its quarterly cash dividend by 33 percent from $0.03 to $0.04 per share, commencing in the first quarter of fiscal 2014.
- The projection for first quarter fiscal 2014 is for overall sales to be in the range of three percent lower to two percent higher, compared with the previous year’s first quarter. Pre-tax income for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 is expected to be in the range of $4.9 million to $5.6 million. Pre-tax income for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 was $5.4 million.
- The company expects fiscal 2014 to be another solid year for free cash flow.
Apparel/Garments | On 26th Jun 2017
E-commerce operators and TDS (tax deducted at source) deductors can...
Textiles | On 26th Jun 2017
The Tiruppur Exporters' Association (TEA) has again urged Union...
Textiles | On 26th Jun 2017
The export promotion schemes will continue under GST regime, said...
‘As a brand, Puma is always looking for new and innovative ways to inspire ...
e-Commerce is still evolving fast with constant flux and surprises
Surat dominates foiling, embossing and pleating
Suominen Corporation is a manufacturer of nonwovens as roll goods for...
About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....
Swerea IVF AB
Marten Alkhagen, Senior Scientist - Nonwoven and Technical Textiles of...
Aditi Somani specialises in luxury fusion wear with international cuts and ...
Designers Pranav Mishra and Shyma Shetty’s Huemn is known for its...
Gildan Activewear SRL
Gildan Activewear, a manufacturer and marketer of branded clothing and...