- The H&M Group’s sales including VAT increased in local currencies by 5 percent during the first six months of the financial year. Sales in comparable units decreased by 4 percent. Converted into SEK, sales excluding VAT amounted to SEK 60,027 m (59,491), an increase of 1 percent.
- Profit after financial items amounted to SEK 9,359 m (10,754). The Group’s profit after tax amounted to SEK 7,113 m (7,958), corresponding to SEK 4.30 (4.81) per share. Substantial negative currency translation effects and long-term investments during the period make it difficult to compare the results with the corresponding period last year.
- The H&M Group’s sales including VAT increased in local currencies by 5 percent during the second quarter. Converted into SEK, sales excluding VAT amounted to SEK 31,635 m (31,658). Sales in comparable units decreased by 4 percent.
- Continued substantial negative currency translation effects as a result of the continued strengthening of the Swedish krona against most sales countries’ currencies. The reported sales of SEK 36,923 m including VAT would have been approximately SEK 1.8 billion higher using the same currency rates as in Q2 2012.
- Gross profit amounted to SEK 19,337 m (19,546), corresponding to a gross margin of 61.1 percent (61.7). Increased markdowns have negatively affected the gross margin by 0.9 percentage points in relation to sales compared to the corresponding quarter last year.
- Profit after financial items amounted to SEK 6,125 m (7,053). The Group’s profit after tax amounted to SEK 4,655 m (5,219), corresponding to SEK 2.81 (3.15) per share, a decrease of 11 percent.
- A successful start for & Other Stories and continued very good performance by COS.
- Sales have got off to a good start in June. Sales increased by 14 percent in local currencies in the period 1 June – 17 June 2013 compared to the same period last year.
Textiles | On 20th Oct 2016
The Indian polyester market witnessed a demand growth of 14 per cent...
Fashion | On 20th Oct 2016
Replay, the iconic Germany based denim brand, is planning to get into ...
Textiles | On 20th Oct 2016
A bailout package of Rs 200 billion has been proposed by the Pakistan ...
We are ready to adopt or follow every opportunity
‘It is going to take some time for Indian buyers to get accustomed to...
Dow Microbial Control
'Silvadur is most rapidly adopted in areas where hygiene-conscious and...
Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.
Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...
Technical Absorbents Ltd
Mark Paterson, R&D manager of Technical Absorbents Ltd talks about Super...
The Indian market has huge potential in technical textiles, and by far,...
"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...
Label Ritu Kumar
‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...
Bridal couture created with rich Indian heritage, exquisite craftsmanship...