Home / Knowledge / News / Apparel/Garments / US apparel retailer Forever 21 plans expansion in India
US apparel retailer Forever 21 plans expansion in India
18
Jul '13
US clothing retail chain Forever 21 is planning to expand in the Indian market, with a new partner DLF brands and an initial investment of US$ 50 million.
 
The American clothing retailer, which already has seven retail outlets in Delhi and Mumbai, is now planning to open around 40 to 50 outlets across the country over the next five years.
 
Under the new partnership, DLF brands, which is a subsidiary of Indian real estate giant DLF, would hold majority stake of 51 percent, whereas Forever 21 would have the remaining 49 percent.
 
The Los-Angeles based brand is aiming to open at least six to ten stores per annum, where the store size would vary between 8,000 and 20,000 sq ft, according to a Hindustan Times report.
 
DLF Brands also has joint ventures or long-term franchise deals with international brands such as Mothercare, Boggi, Ferragamo and DKNY and operates 150 single-brand stores.
 

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Courtesy: ABARES

Textiles | On 13th Dec 2017

Australian cotton production to grow 4% in 2017-18: ABARES

Cotton production in Australia is forecast to rise by 4 per cent to...

Global economy now growing by about 3%: UN

Textiles | On 13th Dec 2017

Global economy now growing by about 3%: UN

There is an upturn in the global economy, and it is now growing by...

Winners of Outstanding Award for Exceptional Performance with Anusha Alles (extreme right) and Sakura Manthreerathne, P.A.C.E. specialist at Brandix; Courtesy: Brandix

Apparel/Garments | On 13th Dec 2017

Brandix’s female workers benefit from GAP’s P.A.C.E

A group of 181 Brandix female associates have recently completed...

Interviews View All

Viral Desai
Zenitex Mill Pvt Ltd

Full of green energy

Abhishek Samdaria
Reflete

GST will certainly reduce a lot of paperwork in future

Giovanni Pizzamiglio, Paolo Crespi & Riccardo Robustelli
Epson, For.Tex & F.lli Robustelli

‘The percentage share of printing in the global textile market is pretty...

Nitesh Mittal

Kusumgar Corporates is a leading manufacturer of technical textiles and...

Ravindra Jain, Ashish Baid

Oswal Prints Private Limited has been manufacturing and exporting ethnic...

Abhishek Pachauri

Reckon Industries adapts latest systems for manufacturing from designing...

Ashok Desai
Bombay Textile Research Association

Bombay Textile Research Association (BTRA) is a leading name in textile...

Steve Cole
Xerium Technologies

Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...

Johan Berlin
InvestKonsult Sweden AB

Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...

Yash P. Kotak
Bombay Hemp Company

One of the directors of Bombay Hemp Company, Yash P. Kotak, speaks to...

Igor Chapurin
Chapurin

"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...

Akta Adani
India Boulevard

India Boulevard is a San Francisco-based curated fashion marketplace that...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

December 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
69.6%
No
12.0%
Skip
18.5%

Total Votes: 92

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
62.0%
No
30.4%
Skip
7.6%

Total Votes: 92

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.0%
No
9.8%
Skip
3.3%

Total Votes: 92

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
81.5%
No
8.7%
Skip
9.8%

Total Votes: 92


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search