‘This season I was really inspired by urban landscapes, and the colour tones and dimensions of a skyline. There is a play on contrasts: the Run and Cycling ranges are graphic, while the Studio range has a hint of retro cool. I’m also really proud to offer a collection that incorporates sustainable elements wherever possible: this season not only do we use organic cotton, recycled yarn and the dry dye technology, but we also have made a real effort to reduce on surplus waste.’ says Stella McCartney.
Futuristic designs meet colour blocking in this season’s expressive London Run and Cycling ranges. Dynamic contrasts occur as strong geometric shapes in fierce shades are tempered by feminine silhouettes; summery daisy prints and transparent panelling are amplified by bold colour accents and unexpected cut outs. Eye-catching new combinations of Performance Tanks and Tights in striking two-tones are offset by Shorts in all-over Summer Red and Indigo.
Performance Gilets, Jackets and Hoodies in a captivating palette of Intense Orange, White and mid-range Blue complete the look. As temperatures rise, trailblazing CLIMACHILL technology in Tees keep runners cool and comfortable with breathable fabrics installed with instant cooling dots. Techfit pieces benefitting from compression fabrics and applied PU bands in specific areas ensure cool functionality and wearability even during the most physically demanding workouts.
Low Waste Tees in bright citrus and soft heather grey are complimented by Low Waste Shorts and a Short Sleeve Sweatshirt in white and light mint, as adidas by Stella McCartney introduces new high-sustainability pieces to the line.
Advanced, eco-friendly cutting techniques ensure 95% of fabric used creates the final product, with the remaining 5% recycled or repurposed, so that no surplus material goes to waste – presenting the perfect performance/style option for those mindful of their carbon footprint. Organic Cotton, Recycled Yarn and Dry Dye pieces in each range complete the sustainable offering.
Signature Stella shades – including Dusty Rose and Light Maroon – feature throughout this season’s seventies-inspired, high performance, New York Studio range. Collegiate-style adidas by Stella McCartney logo Sweatshirts and Jersey Tanks capture the Stella team spirit, while Loose Tees and Boxer Shorts with striped rib detailing layer effortlessly over an eco-friendly Dry Dye Tank and Short. The ultimate embodiment of sporting empowerment, Bomber Jackets in brand new mesh fabrications and pink and lavender two-tones make for a truly iconic look.
Textiles | On 17th Oct 2017
Pressures on the profit and debt levels of textiles exporters is...
Fashion | On 17th Oct 2017
South Korean fashion firms are keen on tapping into overseas markets...
Apparel/Garments | On 17th Oct 2017
Representatives from the Garment Manufacturers Association of...
Sanjay Desai & Ashish Mulani
Digital textile printing will be the technology of the future
'Worsted wool is the ideal fabric for menswear'
Global Organic Textile Standard
‘GOTS is a very efficient supply chain management tool, especially for...
New Delhi-based Jogindra Industries Private Limited provides an assortment ...
Jupiter Comtex Pvt Ltd, established in 1973, started its textile machinery ...
Softech Controls Private Limited (SCPL) is a part of the Cotmac Group, an...
Nature Works LLC
Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...
Schlegel und Partner
Silke Brand-Kirsch, executive partner of Schlegel und Partner, a leading...
Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...
"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...
Divvya and Nidhhi Gambhir
<b>Divvya and Nidhhi Gambhir</b> started their career with the launch of...
<div>Delhi-based Gritstones Clothing offers quality and exemplary style...
Apparel/Garments | On 15th Oct 2017
Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?Yes No Skip
Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?Yes
Total Votes: 65
Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?Yes No Skip
Total Votes: 65
Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?Yes No Skip
Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?Yes
Total Votes: 65
Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.
Total Votes: 65