Bonmarché is one of the UK’s largest women’s value retailers focused on selling affordable, stylish, premium quality clothing and accessories in a wide range of sizes to women over 50 years old.
The Group has grown strongly, as a result of a strong product and service proposition of primarily own-brand products which are sold through its portfolio of 264 stores, its website, mail order catalogues, telephone order service and through a TV shopping channel.
These channels are supported by an established and strong customer loyalty database comprising of approximately 6.5 million members.
Established in 1982, the Bonmarché business was acquired by an affiliate of Sun European Partners, LLP in January 2012, a leading private investment firm.
Since its acquisition, the Directors and current management team have delivered a successful turnaround strategy, based on re-focusing on Bonmarché's core strengths and achieving a step change in profitability and performance.
- A strong brand identity and attractive product proposition with an established and loyal customer base
- A strong competitive position and growth strategy
- Store portfolio optimally configured in terms of rent levels and occupancy terms and which has no loss-making stores
- Limited number of direct competitors directly focused on a similar age group and at this price point
- Transformed business with a step change in profitability under current management
- An experienced management team
- A focussed and coherent strategy to drive growth
- Well placed to take advantage of anticipated market growth in the 55+ women demographic and the value segment
- A multi-pronged strategy for growth, focused on product range development, investment in the online and multi-channel offering, development of the store.
Click here to read more
Textiles | On 28th Mar 2017
The Government of India is likely to impose anti-dumping duty on...
Apparel/Garments | On 28th Mar 2017
The Competition Commission (CCI) of India has approved the proposal...
Peak to Plateau
People are willing to pay for quality and performance
Fashion shows are also encouraging and highlighting sustainable fashion
Bridalwear is not about reds and whites anymore
Biovation II LLC
Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...
Larry L Kinn
Larry L Kinn, Senior Vice President - Operations Americas of Suominen...
Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...
Apparel/Garments | On 27th Mar 2017