Bonmarché is one of the UK’s largest women’s value retailers focused on selling affordable, stylish, premium quality clothing and accessories in a wide range of sizes to women over 50 years old.
The Group has grown strongly, as a result of a strong product and service proposition of primarily own-brand products which are sold through its portfolio of 264 stores, its website, mail order catalogues, telephone order service and through a TV shopping channel.
These channels are supported by an established and strong customer loyalty database comprising of approximately 6.5 million members.
Established in 1982, the Bonmarché business was acquired by an affiliate of Sun European Partners, LLP in January 2012, a leading private investment firm.
Since its acquisition, the Directors and current management team have delivered a successful turnaround strategy, based on re-focusing on Bonmarché's core strengths and achieving a step change in profitability and performance.
- A strong brand identity and attractive product proposition with an established and loyal customer base
- A strong competitive position and growth strategy
- Store portfolio optimally configured in terms of rent levels and occupancy terms and which has no loss-making stores
- Limited number of direct competitors directly focused on a similar age group and at this price point
- Transformed business with a step change in profitability under current management
- An experienced management team
- A focussed and coherent strategy to drive growth
- Well placed to take advantage of anticipated market growth in the 55+ women demographic and the value segment
- A multi-pronged strategy for growth, focused on product range development, investment in the online and multi-channel offering, development of the store.
Click here to read more
Fashion | On 23rd Jun 2018
Nigeria’s Bank of Industry has set aside 1 billion Naira (N) to...
Textiles | On 23rd Jun 2018
Algeria’s largest textile factory, the joint Algerian-Turkish company ...
Fashion | On 23rd Jun 2018
Manhattan Beachwear, the largest swimwear manufacturer in the US, has ...
Colorjet India Limited
We would like to venture more companies into the Indian market
Bridalwear is not about reds and whites anymore
Sanjay Desai & Ashish Mulani
Digital textile printing will be the technology of the future
Weko, Weitmann & Konrad GmbH & Co KG, based in south Germany, is...
Vidyashilp Academy in Bengaluru is the country's first Fairtrade School....
No Nasties was the first fashion brand in India to make 100 per cent...
Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...
Technical Absorbents Ltd
Mark Paterson, R&D manager of Technical Absorbents Ltd talks about Super...
Schlegel und Partner
Silke Brand-Kirsch, executive partner of Schlegel und Partner, a leading...
Designers Pranav Mishra and Shyma Shetty’s Huemn is known for its...
India Boulevard is a San Francisco-based curated fashion marketplace that...
Rupa Sood and Sharan Apparao
Nayaab, an exhibition meant to celebrate Indian weaves, is in its second...