Among these, the Oregon Ducks football uniforms are on the cutting edge of innovation, with the clear goal of optimizing athlete performance and speed on the field.
On December 30, Oregon will take the field wearing the latest Nike Pro Combat “Mach Speed” uniform, the most innovative Nike Pro Combat system of dress to date.
The uniform features an all-new chassis including the latest in lightweight fabric innovation built for maximum speed, ventilation and comfort. Drawing inspiration from some of the fastest athletes in the world, Nike has applied research and design across multiple sports to create one of the fastest uniforms on the field.
Taking insights from Nike’s Swift Suit technology, the new Nike Mach Speed Football uniform fabric construction features an articulated fit to match the athlete’s motion of play. Ultimately this allows the athletes to move with the uniform fabrics, rather than against them.
Built for optimal thermoregulation, the new uniform features three distinct woven mesh fabrics. Each panel on the jersey and pant is matched specifically to the pads underneath in order to promote maximum airflow. Key jersey features include:
- Durable, heavy-duty stretch-woven panels strategically placed to lock down the shoulder pads across the chest and back.
-New Nike Chain Maille 2.0 mesh fabric, ventilated through laser-cut pods, used to provide strength at the neck grill for that lock down fit. This same mesh is employed at the back of the neck, under the arm, and in an air channel between the chest panels for increased airflow.
- Laser perforated mesh panels incorporated into major heat zones within the mid-section of the jersey - at the stomach and lower back - allowing for heat release where athletes need it most.
- The jersey armhole openings are rotated forward for a more articulated fit and better range of motion. An additional stretch gusset has been added below the armhole to enhance flexibility.
The new Nike Mach Speed pant utilizes the same three woven fabrics, strategically integrated for maximum durability, movement, and ventilation. Key pant features include:
- A tailored hem at the back of the knee reducing bulk, while a cuff at the front locks in the pads.
- Perforated mesh fabric behind the knee to keep the athlete cool, augmented by a Nike Chain Maille 2.0 mesh panels at the side of the leg for zoned ventilation.
- At the waist, an updated gripper draw cord locks the pant in place.
“We meet with the team on a regular basis to gain insights into what they need on the field,” said Todd Van Horne, Nike Football VP and Creative Director.
“They’ve told us that uniform fit, range of motion, and airflow make a drastic difference on the field, and we are excited to provide them with a uniform that solves those problems and helps them perform on the field.”
Nike is unique and continues to be incredibly beneficial to our program and our players" said Oregon Football head coach, Mark Helfrich.
"To see their feedback translate directly into improved uniform and equipment design is awesome, and it will only add to their level of confidence and performance on the field."
Apparel/Garments | On 25th Jun 2017
Adobe has released its first Digital Price Index for apparels,...
Textiles | On 25th Jun 2017
First Insight, a technology company transforming how retailers make...
Moving towards sustainability is also a social change
ITME is an occasion not only to receive new leads but also to work on...
Global Organic Textile Standard
‘GOTS is a very efficient supply chain management tool, especially for...
Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG
The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...
Urs Stalder, CEO, Sanitized AG, talks about the increasing use of hygiene...
Apparel/Garments | On 23rd Jun 2017