After reviewing this year's best marketing and communications programs, the 2013 Outdoor Industry Awards finalists have been selected.
An assembly of outdoor specialty retailers is now voting to determine the official winners in each category. The awards will be presented at the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market Show in Salt Lake City, UT Jan. 22-25.
And the nominees are:
- Best Consumer Print Campaign: Marmot - Corporate, Mammut - Alpine Performance Collection Launch, Coghlan’s - Outdoor Accessories
- Best Trade Print Campaign: Gramicci - Winter Wonder Underlayer Launch, Freewaters - Corporate, Led Lenser - SEO Series Headlamps Hello There
- Best PR Campaign: The North Face - Thermoball, Polartec - Alpha Insulation, Smith Optics - ChromaPop lens
- Best Digital Campaign: Patagonia – Black Friday, Smartwool - Socktober, Chaco - Tan Photo Contest
- Best Cause Campaign: Camelbak - Ditch Disposable, ExOfficio - 15-year partnership with World Concern, Tubbs Snowshoes - Romp to Stomp Out Breast Cancer Anniversary
- Best In-Store Display: Chaco - Corporate, Gramicci - Winter Wonder Underlayer, The North Face - Thermoball
- Best Product Packaging: Brunton - Pocket Transits, Implus - Sof Sole, Smith Optics - ChromaPop
The Outdoor Industry Awards
The awards give recognition to those companies that excel in the design and implementation of innovative marketing and communications programs.
Every year, outdoor industry companies submit their best achievements that belong to each award category. From this pool, the Outdoor USA editorial team votes to establish nominees. Outdoor specialty retailers then vote to determine the winners.
About Outdoor USA Magazine
Utilizing the authority of print, the consistency of electronic newsletters and the on-demand convenience of the web, Outdoor USA Magazine has won the ear of influential industry players on all levels—from specialty retailers to brand executives—by offering a comprehensive view of the industry landscape that is easily accessible. Outdoor USA Magazine is the only monthly-print outdoor trade publication, providing a constant source of relevant information throughout the year.