Deckers Outdoor Corporation a global leader in designing, marketing, and distributing innovative footwear, apparel and accessories, announced financial results for the first quarter ended June 30, 2014.
First Quarter Fiscal Year 2015 Financial Review
- Net sales increased 24.3% to a record $211.5 million compared to $170.1 million for the same period last year.
- Gross margin was 41.0% compared to 41.1% for the same period last year.
- Diluted loss per share was $(1.07) compared to $(0.85) for the same period last year.
- UGG brand sales increased 22.8% to $123.3 million compared to $100.4 million for the same period last year.
- Teva brand sales increased 25.7% to $39.3 million compared to $31.2 million for the same period last year.
- Sanuk brand sales increased 19.6% to $36.0 million compared to $30.1 million for the same period last year.
- Direct-to-Consumer comparable sales, which include worldwide retail same store sales and worldwide comparable E-Commerce sales, increased 10.0% over the same period last year.
- Retail sales increased 29.4% to $42.0 million compared to $32.5 million for the same period last year.
- E-Commerce sales increased 43.7% to $15.4 million compared to $10.7 million for the same period last year.
- Domestic sales increased 20.1% to $132.3 million compared to $110.1 million for the same period last year.
- International sales increased 32.1% to $79.2 million compared to $60.0 million for the same period last year.
"We are pleased with the start of our new fiscal year," commented Angel Martinez, President, Chief Executive Officer and Chair of the Board of Directors. "Our strong top-line performance was fueled by consumer demand for our compelling spring collections from the UGG, Teva, Sanuk and HOKA brands combined with higher initial wholesale shipments of UGG brand fall styles.
“Sales trends were once again strongest in our Direct-to-Consumer division and we believe that our Omni-Channel initiatives aimed at elevating the consumer experience, strengthening customer connections and improving service levels continue to yield positive results. As we head towards our busiest selling season, we believe we are well positioned from a merchandise, marketing and inventory standpoint to capitalize on the opportunities we are creating throughout each of our distribution channels and geographic regions."