Home / Knowledge / News / Apparel/Garments / Decline in exports from Tirupur
Decline in exports from Tirupur
16
Apr '08
In a Press Release issued (7.4.2008), Shri. A. Sakthivel, President, TEA said as has been mentioning through out the year, during the Financial Year 2007-08, the exports from Tirupur has declined by 10% and clocked Rs. 9,950 crores as against Rs. 11,000/- crores registered in 2006-07.

It may be noted that the consolidated export figure has been arrived based on the figures provided by Tirupur based banks.

Shri. A. Sakthivel added that Tirupur was usually experiencing 15% growth after abolition of quota and if the decline of 10% in 2007-08 is included, then the total export loss from Tirupur is 25%.

Shri. A. Sakthivel has also requested the Central Government for removal of Fringe Benefit Tax, payment of all Service Taxes, reduction of interest rates and refund of state levies and taxes.

1. The 10% decline in Tirupur Export has happened first time in the history of Tirupur exports since 1985.

2. Due to this, there will not be any off take in the TUF Scheme for modernisation / expansion of the garment units.

TIRUPUR EXPORTERS' ASSOCIATION


Must ReadView All

EU, Japan finalise Economic Partnership Agreement

Textiles | On 18th Dec 2017

EU, Japan finalise Economic Partnership Agreement

Building on the political agreement reached in principle during the...

WTO, ITC launch cotton portal to enhance transparency

Textiles | On 18th Dec 2017

WTO, ITC launch cotton portal to enhance transparency

The World Trade Organisation (WTO) and the International Trade Centre ...

India much behind China in containerised cargo capacity

Textiles | On 18th Dec 2017

India much behind China in containerised cargo capacity

India’s total containerised cargo capacity of 8.75 million...

Interviews View All

Hannah Lane
Redress

Encouragement from brands will motivate supply chains to become more...

Top executives
Textile industry

The foremost issue is bridging the skill gap

Kaizad Hansotia
GetNatty

Competition is the best thing that can happen to a startup

Harmeet Singh

New Delhi-based Jogindra Industries Private Limited provides an assortment ...

Urmil Arya

Sushila International, a well established textile organisation established ...

Ravindra Jain, Ashish Baid

Oswal Prints Private Limited has been manufacturing and exporting ethnic...

Kevin Nelson
TissueGen

Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...

Larry L Kinn
Suominen Corporation

Larry L Kinn, Senior Vice President - Operations Americas of Suominen...

Eamonn Tighe
Nature Works LLC

Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...

Amiben Shroff
Shrujan

From its modest beginning in the late 1960s, Shrujan has grown into a...

Igor Chapurin
Chapurin

"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...

Divvya and Nidhhi Gambhir
Walnut

<b>Divvya and Nidhhi Gambhir</b> started their career with the launch of...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

December 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
68.1%
No
13.8%
Skip
18.1%

Total Votes: 94

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
62.8%
No
29.8%
Skip
7.4%

Total Votes: 94

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.2%
No
9.6%
Skip
3.2%

Total Votes: 94

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
81.9%
No
8.5%
Skip
9.6%

Total Votes: 94


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search