Home / Knowledge / News / Apparel/Garments / Yogawear company Lululemon raises stake in New Harbour
Yogawear company Lululemon raises stake in New Harbour
13
May '10
lululemon athletica inc. the Canadian-founded, yoga-inspired athletic apparel company, announced that it has increased the Company's equity interest in its Australian joint venture partner, New Harbour Yoga Pty Ltd., from 13 to 80.3 percent. David Lawn, who leads lululemon's operations in Australia, together with one other investor own the remaining 19.7 percent interest.

"We are extremely pleased to announce this evolution in our business,” said Christine Day, CEO, lululemon athletica. “Over the past four years, we have enjoyed an excellent partnership with David Lawn, who has been instrumental in growing the lululemon business in key Australian locations including Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane. This increased ownership interest, combined with David's ongoing strong leadership and the expertise of the Australian operating team, provide a solid foundation for lululemon's expansion in the Australian market.”

“We are thrilled with lululemon's decision to continue to grow the brand throughout Australia,” said David Lawn. “Announcement is confirmation of the strength of the lululemon brand in our local markets and we are pleased to be able to serve additional customers through new locations. We are proud to have played an integral role in establishing lululemon as a premium athletic apparel company in Australia, and look forward to continued growth moving forward.”

lululemon first entered the Australian market in October 2004, with the opening of the Chapel Street store in Melbourne, Victoria. Since 2004, lululemon has expanded to nine stores and four showrooms throughout Australia. A native of New Zealand, Lawn is the former CEO of Australia-founded global surf brand Rip Curl and Executive Vice President of American fashion retailer Express, and joined lululemon in 2006.

lululemon athletica inc


Must ReadView All

Textiles | On 22nd Jul 2017

Govt constitutes GST Feedback and Action Room

The Government of India has constituted a Feedback and Action Room...

Textiles | On 22nd Jul 2017

India’s cotton textile exports fell in FY17: Tamta

The overall export of cotton textiles from India declined in 2016-17...

Textiles | On 22nd Jul 2017

Stella McCartney, Bolt Threads partner for eco fashion

Fashion designer Stella McCartney has partnered with Bolt Threads for ...

Interviews View All

Sachin Sharma
Gem Enviro Management Pvt Ltd

There are no significant differences between virgin yarn and PET recycled...

Headhonchos
Indian fashion industry

Cotton consumption will keep growing in the Indian fashion industry

Anvita Mehra
Confidential Couture

‘It is going to take some time for Indian buyers to get accustomed to...

Silke Brand-Kirsch
Schlegel und Partner

Silke Brand-Kirsch, executive partner of Schlegel und Partner, a leading...

Johan Berlin
InvestKonsult Sweden AB

Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...

Larry L Kinn
Suominen Corporation

Larry L Kinn, Senior Vice President - Operations Americas of Suominen...

Pranav Mishra
Huemn

Designers Pranav Mishra and Shyma Shetty’s Huemn is known for its...

Jay Ramrakhiani
Occasions Elegance Wear

It is believed that by early 19th century, Varanasi weavers had moved away ...

Igor Chapurin
Chapurin

"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

July 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search



X