Home / Knowledge / News / Apparel/Garments / Gunze to enter into JV with Chinese firm to sell underwear
Gunze to enter into JV with Chinese firm to sell underwear
15
Dec '10
Gunze Ltd is entering into a joint venture with one of the major Chinese lingerie manufacturers in order to sell underwear in China. This venture is a positive step towards long-term expansion into the Chinese market.

The joint venture is likely to come up in February, 2011. The undertaking will sell the core products of Gunze as well as underwear of its proprietary brands in 350 shops by March 2015, with the yearly sales estimated at three billion yen. Gunze Ltd is going to own 51 percent of the shares of the new company and the remaining 49 percent shares will be held by Beijing Aimer Lingerie Co.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Textiles | On 20th Sep 2017

India needs to double cotton farmers’ income: top official

India needs to double the income of cotton farmers and non-farmers...

Apparel/Garments | On 20th Sep 2017

Egypt’s garment exports touch $941 million in 8 months

Egypt's garment exports touched $941 million in the first eight...

Apparel/Garments | On 20th Sep 2017

Botswana launches response strategy for US AGOA scheme

Botswana’s ministry of investment trade and Industry (MITI) recently...

Interviews View All

Karin Ekberg
Leadership & Sustainability

Sustainable models are beneficial for brands, retailers and manufacturers

Amrit Sethia
SOIE

‘The intimatewear category in India is slowly becoming trend-sensitive.’

Neel Sawhney
One Friday

‘The share of kidswear segment in the online sector is still small in...

Suresh Patel
Sidwin Fabric

Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...

Lynda Kelly
Suominen Corporation

Suominen Corporation is a manufacturer of nonwovens as roll goods for...

Johan Berlin
InvestKonsult Sweden AB

Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...

Sanjukta Dutta
Sanjukta's Studio

<b>Sanjukta Dutta</b> creates unique garments by clubbing prints of...

Sonam & Paras Modi
SVA

Sonam and Paras Modi's Sva Couture is synonymous with head-turning...

Tony Ward
Tony Ward

"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

September 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
74.5%
No
12.8%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
61.7%
No
25.5%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.2%
No
6.4%
Skip
6.4%

Total Votes: 47

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
70.2%
No
10.6%
Skip
19.1%

Total Votes: 47


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search