More than 625 international weavers and producers will reveal their new collections for Spring/Summer 2014 this February. Texworld alone has registered 85 new exhibitors from South Korea, China, Egypt, India, Hong Kong, Thailand and Turkey. As for Apparel Sourcing Paris, diversity is growing with more than 17 new manufacturers, 6 of which are companies from the Euro-Mediterranean region.
The top 3 countries with regard to the number of new exhibitors at Texworld: China in first place, followed by Turkey and South Korea. Turkey deserves a special mention as it is benefiting from the trend for local sourcing: it is boosting its presence at Texworld and has become the second country in terms of exhibitor numbers, contributing more new products that are much in demand like knits, prints and lace for lingerie.
There follows a preview of the ranges for summer 2014 from these new firms, by segment:
17 new weavers who combine creativity, versatility and innovation like:
- Balsoy Tekstil (Turkey) – this company has 40 years of experience and stands out on the market with its Milan stitch and superior cotton piqués for mid-range men’s and women’s ranges. It weaves and dyes fabrics in 100% or blended cotton.
- Gemma Knits Thailand adds to the products offered in the Thai pavilion which brings together 28 exhibitors. Its technical textiles in weft knits are destined for loungewear, beach wear and lower to mid-range lingerie.
- MJ Youna Co (South Korea) with its very lightweight Lurex knits for day or evening wear for the women’s and junior market looking for fabrics with added value.
- Shaoxing County Hongji Textile (China) with its cotton jacquards and knits, testament to its excellent craftsmanship, is targeting womenswear labels which are looking for mid-range products that offer both good value and creativity.
• Embroidery & lace
15 new names are joining us, which will bolster the product ranges in this ultra-feminine sector that is very much in demand from designers and luxury labels at Texworld. These names include:
- Divinia Exports (India) from Mumbai which offers the very best in embroidery skills with very high-end, handcrafted products. The firm offers panels of embroidery or finished products. Their creations blend sumptuousness and delicacy, like this panel that is entirely embroidered with loops of crystal and beads interspersed with transparent rhodoïd petals.
- Antik Dantel (Turkey) has created an entire line of sophisticated lace at competitive prices since 1995. This is destined for lingerie and women’s ready-to-wear in the mid to premium ranges. Making use of high-performance machinery, the firm is capable of responding to requirements for very high volumes at very short deadlines.
Textiles | On 30th Jul 2016
The Chatterjee Group (TCG) owned by NRI entrepreneur Purnendu...
Textiles | On 30th Jul 2016
Diplomats of seven African countries have invited Coimbatore’s...
‘Buying crowdsourced or creative designs are much more appealing to the...
‘As a brand, Puma is always looking for new and innovative ways to inspire ...
‘Online economy has changed the whole dynamics of buying habits.’
Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...
About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....
Suominen Corporation is a manufacturer of nonwovens as roll goods for...
Silvia Venturini Fendi
"Yes, my confidence and positive attitude are my strengths and should be...
"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...
Yash P. Kotak
Bombay Hemp Company
One of the directors of Bombay Hemp Company, Yash P. Kotak, speaks to...
Company | On 30th Jul 2016