Home / Knowledge / News / Dinajpur leather tannery to balance state industrialization
Dinajpur leather tannery to balance state industrialization
05
Apr '08
Over 30 tanneries are anticipated to get established at the Dhantala Leather complex in Uttar Dinajpur. A joint venture between the West Bengal Small Industrial Development Corporation (WBSIDC) and the Indian Tanning Industries Private Limited (ITIPL) has been agreed for one of these tanneries.

Foreign investors have also showed interest in this particular complex. Japanese company Melx Co Ltd, Thai company PSP Tannery and Italian Ascot Ltd has already put forward their proposal to venture for this project.

Although a memorandum of understanding (MoU) was inked earlier by the WBSIDC, the foundation for the complex will be laid this Sunday by Mr Hasim Abdul Halim, State Assembly Speaker.

The project will be developed under private public partnership and will be named as Bengal Juneja Leather Complex Ltd. Nearly 26 percent of the capital investment will be contributed by WBSIDC while the remaining 74 percent will come from ITIPL.

A planned investment of Rs450 crore will be generated through equities and financial institutions. The complex is likely to get completed one and a half years and will provide employment for 3,000 people in the first phase and an additional 7,000 in the second phase.

This venture was essentially an outcome of the desire to have a more balanced industrialization in the state.

Not only will the project help capitalize on huge raw material market in North-Eastern region along with Orissa and Bihar, it will also put a stop to leather smuggling to Bangladesh. Besides, the Nathula road would also enhance trade relations with China.


Must ReadView All

Textiles | On 25th Sep 2017

SVP Group to build $300 mn spinning plant in Sohar

ShriVallabh Pittie Industries (SVP) Group, a diversified yarn...

Apparel/Garments | On 25th Sep 2017

Vietnam textile sector to gain if EU FTA gets ratified

Experts feel the Vietnam-European Union (EU) free trade agreement...

Courtesy: Business Wire

Textiles | On 25th Sep 2017

Invista to use ADN technology at joint project in France

Invista, a leading producer of chemical intermediates, polymers, and...

Interviews View All

Pratik Bachkaniwala
Palod Himson Machines

Fabric processing machines are picking up

Krishnanand Tripathi
Textrade International Ltd

We believe in vocational education for entry-level employees, offering...

Binoy Ravjani
Hero's Fashion

‘One of the recent trends in hand block printing is the indigo process,...

Steve Cole
Xerium Technologies

Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...

Kevin Nelson
TissueGen

Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...

Kerem Durdag
Biovation II LLC

Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...

Vaanee Bhatia
Gritstones Clothing

<div>Delhi-based Gritstones Clothing offers quality and exemplary style...

Sanjukta Dutta
Sanjukta's Studio

<b>Sanjukta Dutta</b> creates unique garments by clubbing prints of...

Judy Frater
Somaiya Kala Vidya

Among the many honours showered on Frater, including Fulbright and Ford...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

September 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
74.5%
No
12.8%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
61.7%
No
25.5%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.2%
No
6.4%
Skip
6.4%

Total Votes: 47

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
70.2%
No
10.6%
Skip
19.1%

Total Votes: 47


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search