Durban Fashion Showcase 2013 will be hosted at the Mixed Zone at the Moses Mabhida Stadium on Friday 30 November 2012.
The aim of the event will be to showcase local couture designers and exclusive boutique houses, whilst raising awareness for abused men, women and children.
Durban Fashion Showcase 2013 will take place during the 16 Days of Activism against Gender Violence and will also incorporate and support Thursdays in Black – Supporting a world without rape and violence.
Durban Fashion Showcase is proudly supported by the Post Newspaper, Moses Mabhida Stadium, KZN Fashion Council, local celebrities, local designers, and local businesses, Taxi Indaba, Paperspace, Publicity Matters and various well wishers.
Yusuf Moolla, journalist and Eastern Mosaic presenter, Miss India SA Koshicka Singh, Mrs UN Finalist Lisa Campos, and Mikail Hansa celebrity photographer and model are amongst some of the confirmed celebrities who will be taking to the catwalk to show their support for the event.
The inaugural Durban Fashion Showcase 2013 will bring together the talents of celebrated, established and emerging designers, and local fashion houses, showcasing the trends for 2013 on the designer catwalk.
The event will see local producer & model agency boss Danny Moodliar of Absolute Models at the helm as creative head, whilst former Durbanite Gitanajali Pather has lent her expertise in terms of artistic support.
The Durban Fashion Showcase is the brainchild of radio and television presenter and local media personality Faradh Patel, and is set to become an annual event on the local fashion circuit.
International Hair Stylist Shirley Naidoo-Hair Sensations will bring her skills to the event whilst make –up artist Somayya Khan of En-visage will add glamour with her specialist make-up.
Designers include seasoned and contemporary designers:
1. Ruthy Samaai –Showcased at Bahrain Fashion Fashion week , Vodacom Durban July winner, creator of Couture, Jewellery , Fascinators
2. Hektiq Designs-Farhana Vorajee – Durban based designer
3. Blaklisted -Nishai Sookhdeo – PMB Designer showcased at SA Fashion Week 2012
4. Lindiwe Khuzwayo – Seasoned Durban Designer, Winner & recipient of various Awards
5. Nadine Pillay – Seasoned local designer,
6. Mike Narainsamy – Seasoned local designer – SA Fashion Week 2012 & designer at Durban Dusiness Fair 2012
7. Princess Cut Couture -Amirah & Tasneem Mia – An incredible duo with spectacular designs from Gauteng
8. Simone Basdeo – Gauteng Based Designer